Who we are
The Land Rover Series One Club Limited, LRSOC, is a UK registered ‘not for profit’ company, limited by guarantee. Our contact details are kept up to date on the footer of this page.
Our website address is: https://www.lrsoc.com
Information provided by you
You provide us with personal data either on your application form, renewal form, via an online application or renewal, by email communication or over the telephone (we do not record telephone conversations). We may also keep information contained in any correspondence you may have with us by post. This includes:
- Email address
- Mobile and/or landline telephone number
- Forum username (if a registered user)
- (Optional) Vehicle details including registration number and VIN
We record this information in a database and use this information in order to manage and administer your membership whilst you remain a member of the Club. Please also see the ‘How long do we keep this information about you?’ section.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to manage and administer your membership. This includes the collection of payments and verifying your identity when you contact us to discuss your membership. We undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any financial interactions, in a manner which is consistent with the requirements of Data Protection and all associated legislation. We will also take all reasonable security measures to protect your personal data in storage.
The key component of your membership and the services we offer is the delivery, by post, of your club magazine. Holding your name and address is therefore essential. Your personal details will be used to communicate with you for the purposes of managing your membership (eg renewal notification).
All members of the Club, whether resident in the United Kingdom, European Economic Area or the Rest of the World will have their personal data managed and administered in the same way in accordance with this policy and in line with UK data protection legislation.
Do we use your personal data for marketing purposes?
Any information that you choose to give us will NOT be used for marketing purposes by us. We will hold your personal data only for the purposes of administering and managing your membership.
Information about cookies
The LRSOC forum is a resource provided by the club which is open to view and contribute for both members and non-members. The information you enter and share here is covered by general forum rules, terms and conditions, and in addition subject to the policies and terms and conditions of use of the LRSOC. As of March 2021 the only mandatory elements include a uniquely identifiable name (your forum username) and a valid email address which may or may not be the email address associated with your LRSOC membership.
In addition to the forum, the club maintains a discrete area of the LRSOC website which is only accessible to LRSOC members – we link this content to forum accounts where a club membership number may be provided upon registration or added to your forum profile at later date.
We will keep information about you confidential and sharing of your personal information will only be to those detailed below.
Sharing of personal data internally:
From time to time we may share your personal information within the Club with:
- Treasurer – for the purposes of accounting and financial regulation.
- Club Shop administrator – for the purposes of verifying membership and delivery of ordered items.
- Club Secretary – for the purposes of managing and delivering services to our Area Representatives network.
- Area Representatives – for the purposes of arranging and co-ordinating local meetings, events and activities together with related necessary communications.
- Forum Administrator – for the purposes of administering the forum and verifying membership for member specific access and to maintain and collate records of vehicles and their production history.
- In relation to the annual LRSOC International Rally, with event organisers only – for the purposes of verifying your membership and ensuring accurate recording of information.
Sharing of personal data externally:
We will only share your personal details outside the Club in order for you to be able to receive the benefits of Club membership. These are detailed below:
- Club Membership administrators – Lavenham Press – that administer new joiner and renewals process and mail all associated confirmation letters, renewals and new member packs
- Club Membership database and software providers –Wire Wheels Webbers Ltd – who provide Lavenham Press with their secure online database and membership software ‘Crossmember‘.
How long do we keep this information about you?
In line with UK company law, we keep your information for a minimum of 7 years from the time your membership expires. This is also retained to assist should you wish to re-join the Club after a period of your membership being lapsed. A continuous review of the personal information held will be undertaken and information which is no longer required for the above reasons will be disposed of securely.
Data subject rights
Subject access requests
You have the right to ask for all the information we have about you, the services you receive from us. When we receive a request from you we must give you access to everything we’ve recorded about you, formal response shall include the following:
- details of the personal data we hold about you;
- sources from which we acquired the information;
- the purposes for processing the information; and
- persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information.
Ask for inaccurate information to be corrected
You have the right to obtain from us, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
You can ask us to delete information
In some circumstances you can ask for your personal information to be deleted, for example:
- Where your personal information is no longer needed for the reason why it was collected in the first place.
- Where you have removed your consent for us to use your information.
- Where there is no legal reason for the use of your information.
- Where deleting the information is a legal requirement.
Please note that we can’t delete your information where:
- We’re required to have it by law.
- It is for, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes where it would make information unusable.
- It is necessary for legal claims.
Where data has been shared
We shall communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing as described above to each recipient to whom the personal data has been disclosed.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
Right to object
You shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you, including any personal profiling; unless this relates to processing that is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or an exercise of official authority vested in us. We shall no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you, the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to not be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing
We do not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to an automated decision based on your personal data.
Who to contact
If you would like to contact the club about any of the above please contact the Secretary or Website/Forum Administrator – contact details in footer.
Accuracy of information
ln order to provide the highest level of membership support, we need to keep accurate personal data about you. Please help us with this by keeping us informed of any changes when they occur.