HELLO, is my serie 1

Offline philenland

• Non-Member
  • PHILENLAND FROM AUVERGNE FRANCE
Re: HELLO, is my serie 1
Reply #25 - Nov 22, 2010 - 21:37
Good evening,

Yes, in French it would be better, because I "translate" all .... I do not speak a word of English ...
But I do not want to change the habits of the forum and will get by ....
The mp are possible?

For Willerby, I agree with you, some translations are quite special ...

To return to our sheep (it's French, that) ...
My 80 "is indeed a tarpaulin, cons ^ by the number of products I wanted to talk
LHD only ...

If I understood everything about the history of the car is a 1949 model in 1950 as one might say in France, referring to the salon July each year.

So for this year's model, green or bronze green COCKPIT for the bodywork, bronze and green for the frame.

Cotton canvas tarpaulin, no worries, it's much more beautiful ...

For papers of vehicles (the bad translation that gives a reason Willerby)
Indeed, it is the logbook that I have ...

The car belonged to the Swiss Army who sold to a farmer ...

The latter has taken great care there in a hoop that was bache dammage!

The car is complete, the engine seized up and the box ...

Thank you for these answers, well hello to you, PLN
if you are French expatriates in the country of his Majesty ...Tu es d'ou en France?

Thank you to to

PHIL

Offline philenland

• Non-Member
Reply #26 - Nov 22, 2010 - 21:42
The car have got a grey card....(à la philenland...) :cool:

Offline rodthrutheblock Trade (Legend Advertiser)

• LRSOC Member
  • Juey restorer
Reply #27 - Nov 22, 2010 - 21:47
This is the colour yours should be:

Offline PLN

• LRSOC Member
Reply #28 - Nov 22, 2010 - 22:05
To rodthrutheblock: Do not jock easely of Scots names! My first daughter is Born in bonnie Scotland!!! (But I was carefully if not wisely named her with a French first name).
Well, do come back to our sheep as Phill (Philippe?) would say.
En fait, je suis sur la région parisienne et les Land Rover sont stationnés par chez moi, dans le Tarn.

For the Anglo-Saxon (generaly speaking) do not bother to translate the last sentence I am just explaining where I am leaving around in that bad a country France can be (so many cheese, so few series one, especialy 80!)

Frédéric

Offline ROJ

• Non-Member
  • REGISTRO STORICO ITALIANO LAND ROVER
Reply #29 - Jan 21, 2011 - 21:58
Ciao PHIL , and hello to everyone, i hope to see you in Swiss for a great days togheter, i'm happy  to meet a lot of
european enthusiast in this wery special forum, Land Rover is a fantastic way for join different european people and seems to be a stong glue, overtaking  countries border. This is a great great family, and i'm proud to be part of.
Roj

Offline ROJ

• Non-Member
  • REGISTRO STORICO ITALIANO LAND ROVER
Reply #30 - Jan 21, 2011 - 22:01
Hi Frederic, i crossed gorge of Tarn during my last holiday.A wery nice place to visit.Where do you live there?
Ciao Roj

Offline BrettPritt Moderator

• Non-Member
Reply #31 - Jan 21, 2011 - 22:57
peut-etre ici?

Offline PLN

• LRSOC Member
Reply #32 - Jan 23, 2011 - 22:16
Hello,
I am right now in Saint-Geramin-en-Laye, near Paris!

But I own a farm in Tarn where I keep my Land Rover.
It's near Lautrec.

Vallée du Tarn, as the rest of this departement is beautiful and there is plenty of little roads which are perfect to drive the Land Rover!

I recommand it for hollidays.

Frédéric

Offline philenland

• Non-Member
Reply #33 - Feb 26, 2012 - 11:29
Hello,

Indeed, the roads of the Tarn are wonderful, I hiked through with my friend "perilejaune" his 109.
I drove with my 109 stage one v8....Marnitette not for the road again....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
1 Thank you.

Offline perilejaune

• LRSOC Member
Reply #34 - Feb 27, 2012 - 19:32
hello
 but you can be live or are we close .....

more seriously, be careful, I am getting ahead of our restoration dear phil ... :woohoo:

Offline philenland

• Non-Member
Reply #35 - Feb 27, 2012 - 23:49
Hello,

Translate x 2 = I do not get it ...

I would open a topic when I would start to really restore Marinette ...
 I will carefully monitor the food that we see here is very informative ...

Good luck Périlejaune

Offline philenland

• Non-Member
Reply #36 - Nov 20, 2012 - 21:04
Bonjour à tous,

Ce message simplement pour dire que je suis incrit en tant que membre de LRSOC, j'ai bien reçu le trés beau magazine et en remercie les créateurs.

Une question concernant mon profil qui ne mentionne pas mon nouveau statut....

Sur le forum, rien de différent ou nouveau pour moi.

Pouvez-vous me dire si cela est normal?

Je me sert de "translate" car mon Anglais n'est pas meilleur que l'an passé....

Merci de votre réponse.

:tiphat:

Offline PLN

• LRSOC Member
Reply #37 - Nov 20, 2012 - 22:26
Salut,

Mef, ce n'est pas traduit du tout! (et cela reste moyennement apprécié car la langue du site est l'anglais).

So welcome again on board and good luck with whatever translator you will find (Land Rover will always translate as Land Rover!).

I think your club number does shows on your profile . (Pour le reste des fonctionalité, certainement un PB du aux mises à jour serveur?)

Offline philenland

• Non-Member
Reply #38 - Nov 21, 2012 - 05:38

Hello,

All apologies for the language, I will try to apply ....

:tiphat:

Offline TomC

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Reply #39 - Nov 21, 2012 - 09:54
All apologies for the language, I will try to apply ....

Send it in French if you need to.  It is good for us to read French sometimes.   :smiley:   The most important thing is to send photographs - Nous les aimons.

Offline PLN

• LRSOC Member
Reply #40 - Nov 21, 2012 - 16:41
So, I have been "plus royaliste que le roi"!

Sorry,  but I understood some time ago (after comments on the same thread I think) that some contributors appreciated very mildly the use of French (and I deduce other language if not English) as they do not understand it (that, I can understand as it makes sense).

Nonetheless, I wonder sometime if it is not better to let a text in its original language than having to go through a very bad translation by a machine?

Offline PLN

• LRSOC Member
Reply #41 - Nov 21, 2012 - 16:54
Hello,

Indeed, the roads of the Tarn are wonderful, I hiked through with my friend "perilejaune" his 109.
I drove with my 109 stage one v8....Marnitette not for the road again....

I have been up to Bort les Orgues not to long ago to fetch a burner (winter is closing).
Try to find 4x4 along my road but except the ubiquitous Japanese I did not see anything worth of interest (Land Rover, Auverland or Delahaye). One Jeep was on a garage court tho! Reminded me when Jeeps used to be amongst my tool box.

If you both got a chance to pass around Lautrec let me know, If I am there I could arrange for tea!

(Le stage one roule au GPL? De nos jour voyager avec un truc comme ça releve de l'investissement! (j'ai roulé en Range Rover V8))

Offline TomC

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Reply #42 - Nov 21, 2012 - 17:13
Nonetheless, I wonder sometime if it is not better to let a text in its original language than having to go through a very bad translation by a machine?

I think every time it is better to leave as original than to use a machine translation.  If it is a technical question then very often the point is lost.  Perhaps the best is the original followed by the machine or best translation that the poster can manage.  Then a Moderator can correct improve the translation and everyone is happy.  I think amongst the Moderators we can manage quite a few languages   :D

Offline philenland

• Non-Member
Reply #43 - Nov 23, 2012 - 05:55
Hello,

The pictures.... ;D

Offline fifty seven

• LRSOC Member
Reply #44 - Nov 23, 2012 - 09:23
That's very nice. Thank you.

People in England may  think it must have visited an Esso petrol station in the 1970's ( there was once a "collect your bullet holes on the way out"  promotion.)

Offline hallii

• Non-Member
  • Worcestershire 1955 86"
Reply #45 - Nov 23, 2012 - 09:37
Hello Frederic, that is a nice Land Rover.

Hunters sometimes shoot bullets through the road signs, I know, maybe they mistook the Land Rover for a pig!

I pass Lautrec as I travel south to the Mediterranean twice each year, I sometimes stay in the National Park with my camping-car. 

Geoff

Offline PLN

• LRSOC Member
Reply #46 - Nov 23, 2012 - 10:05
Hello Geoff,

That 80 is not mine as it belongs to Philippe who is in Cantal. He bring it back from Swizerland (that the subject of the tread but it digress about Lautrec at some point!).

Got one 1950 but it is very patiently waiting to be recommissionned (Got the chassis one side of the hangar and the rest in other various places since 1981!)
Same for my 1953 except that one stand on its wheels.

So curently using my 86".

Wether you fancy to stop in, just let me know. We could have a good chat about Land Rover. I am rebuilding my farm (so it is more like a building site) but the surounding are nice and I have quite some space to parc a campervan (or SI).
I usually stock Scottish tea as I travel quite often to Scotland were my 2 daughters are!

Offline philenland

• Non-Member
Reply #47 - Nov 24, 2012 - 15:37
 :tiphat:  Bonjour à tous,

Images to present you MARINETTE in more detail ....
It is a LHD, full genuine, 1.6L, with transfer box type "FREEWHEL" button and yellow.
It is "MACHINERY NUMBER" compleat except Starter.
I even had the tarpaulin, a little worn ....
In pictures ....

Offline Phil

• LRSOC Member
Reply #48 - Nov 24, 2012 - 21:39

Perhaps the best is the original followed by the machine or best translation that the poster can manage. 

The problem with translation software is that it is too literal and does not allow for local variations.
The Spanish equivalent phrase to the children's story ending 'and they lived happily ever after' is 'they were happy and ate partridges'. ???
One way to check how effective the software is is to translate the wording then re-translate it back. The results can be quite an eye opener.
The second best method I found is to use short simple sentences and stick to the technical terms in the handbook.
The best method is to learn the language – if only to ask for a couple of beers! :wine3:

It's a good job we all speak LandRover :znaika:

Phil
1 Thank you.

Offline PLN

• LRSOC Member
Reply #49 - Nov 24, 2012 - 22:55
The best method is to learn the language – if only to ask for a couple of beers! :wine3:

Thank you for that precise overview (and mind you that as French citizen I recommend red wine which, contrary to beer is healthy!!!).

Now, the question is which language to learn? (are some people around starting to improve/learn French?!)

I learned English at school and was not able to choose German as second foreign language because my teacher did say that I was bad in English so I would not make it with German. I had to go for Spanish which I do not speak and barely understand!

I had the chance to get back with my English some time to time because of my job and then because I decided I was going to put back the original engine and brake system in my 86"! I was in need for that language,  I was motivated and willing and ended up reading only English books!

Maybe, if I had a Kubelwagen or a Swimmwagen I would be able to speak decent German??? (What if I had a Cournil, my auvergnat would have skyrocketed!!!) .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal