New members, please read!

Offline Willerby

• Administrator
New members, please read!
- Nov 02, 2008 - 22:26
 :welcome:     Hello and welcome to the Series One Club Forum   

We're pleased to have you along and hope you find things interesting here.
Ask any questions you like, either by e-mail, Personal Message or in the Forum Help section - we don't bite and will do all we can to make your life easier.

If you are a fully paid-up Series One Club member then there is an extra forum section where club affairs and issues can be discussed in private.  If you wish to have access to the Members section, you can email  me or send me a personal message using the forum system, stating your real name and membership number. Your account can then be upgraded. 

Why not post an initial message in our About You! section to get started, or visit the Forum Test Area if you're not that confident and just want to try sending a test post to see how everything works. 

Alternatively, if you might just like to post a picture of your Land Rover in our Gallery or create your own gallery for others to see.

A few basic tips when using the Forum to make everyone's experience here a little better:

1)  Pictures tell a thousand words, so get familiar with how to attach them or link to them.
2)  Try and avoid posts which could be dull to other members - eg. Topics unrelated to Series One's or replies which don't really add to the topic under dicussion.
3)  Try and keep your replies to topics 'on subject' and avoid disappearing off into randomness or alternative topics.
4)  Post messages in the section that best describes your subject / topic
5)  Avoid using the forum as a way to send personal messages to other members - unless you think others would be interested in the response

When posting please keep in mind that much of what you type is freely available to anyone with access to a PC. It is sensible to make every effort to protect your identity and personal details from others. By that I don't mean your name or LRSOC membership number but I do mean your address, any financial details or particular details which when combined would be sufficient for a fraudster to represent themselves as if they were you. In addition, I would strongly recommend keeping details of where your vehicle is stored off of the forum unless you wish to alert potentially unwanted visitors to its whereabouts.

Finally, to avoid this forum becoming a free advertisement for all sorts of commercial businesses we will delete any posts which are obviously promoting a certain business or service. That doesn't mean you can't mention names of firms you've used or would refer others to for those hard to find parts it just means we don't want blatant advertising getting in the way of discussion.

We have posted Links to the main Land Rover sites, National and Local Clubs and Series One parts suppliers. If you would like your business to appear in this section, please let me know.

That's it... I hope you enjoy the forum, find out stuff that helps you or makes your interest in Series Ones all the more enjoyable, and along the way, make many new and lasting friendships here.

Willerby

Thanks to Metalkoi for suggesting a new members board

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal