Offline Yetti24

• Non-Member
- Jan 25, 2023 - 09:18
Hi guys thanks for letting me join been into Landys since I was a kid my dad having 2 series 3. Iíve helped him work on various ones heís had including a 90 with 6.2ltr gm diesel. I have finally got my own series one 1950 on its way to me from my wifeís uncle in South America, I only have pictures so far so will see how it really is when I collect it from the port
1 Thank you.

Offline Yetti24

• Non-Member
Re: New member
Reply #1 - Jan 25, 2023 - 09:19
Another picture
1 Thank you.

Offline Jules

• LRSOC Member
Reply #2 - Jan 25, 2023 - 09:44
Welcome to all things series 1.
I hope you have fun with your Land Rover when it arrives. Looks nice with an IOE engine so should be quite original. Interesting double pulley on the fan belt and a chaff guard (probably adapted from a series 2) on the front - shows it could have a nice history as a working vehicle.
Do ask questions here but also use the search function as a lot of questions have been asked and answered over the years.
Jules

Offline diffwhine

• LRSOC Member
  • Should really have learned by now...
Reply #3 - Jan 25, 2023 - 15:39
Welcome!
If you are not already a member, I would strongly advise you to join  the Series One Club itself. Minimal cost and gives you access to a whole heap of useful support and information.

Word of advice on imports... You will obviously need a NOVA certificate (HMRC Notification of Vehicle Arrival) and will need to jump through a lot of hoops to get it registered. If you have not done so already, you must discuss the process with the Club's Vehicle Registration Officer before entering into any discussions with DVLA. It will save you a whole heap of pain. Also, once you have the vehicle here in the UK, do not do anything to it until it is registered. If DVLA want it inspected, it must be a complete vehicle as imported.

Do you have the registration documents from its country of origin? I won't start a long discussion on here, but get the guidance from our VRO before doing anything!
1 Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal