Returning member - Getting a 54 86" back on the road

Offline Dom_Bond

• LRSOC Member
Hi everyone
I’ve just come back to the club after several years’ absence, as I am starting to try and get NYE 791 back on the road.
Known as ‘Iris’ due to her colour, she’s been in my family for 27 years, and was my primary vehicle between 1999 and 2005 including a year in Spain Portugal and Morocco. After spending the last 7 years off the road, I’m now trying to bring her back into a roadworthy state.
I’ve enclosed an image from a few years back, as well as the original log book – she started life with the BBC in Kenya as a station wagon with a safari full hard top.
In 2001, the original 2l petrol engine & gearbox was converted to a series 3 2.25l petrol & gearbox by Dunsfold Landrover.
Unfortunately, several years on the coast in Devon took its toll on the bulkhead and what’s left of it is beyond repair. I’ve a great welder and Landrover enthusiast helping on the repairs, and we are trying to track down a salvageable S1 86” bulkhead. Any suggestions or leads would be really appreciated (I'll also post on the wanted forum).
Thanks for reading,
Dom in Cornwall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal