shipping a107 from Newport Wales to South Hampton for trip to US

Offline havens51

• LRSOC Member
Hi Guys,  I'm curious to see if there is someone who can expedite picking up a 107 in Newport, Wales and shipping to South Hampton assuming I can arrange a RoRo on a ship to the US.  Are there services like this in the UK?  Thanks for any help.
Joe

Offline simondewing

• LRSOC Member
I used these guys :-

https://www.autoshippers.co.uk/

to pick up my (non running) 110 in Devon take it to Southampton, stick it in a 20 ft container and deliver to our house on the north side of Houston.
My son also used them to pick up his D2 (which went over with their furniture in a container) and ship it back RoRo to Houston.

Service was good and pretty transparent.

All worked out well but just be aware there will be extra charges for customs broker, unloading and port clearance which can add up.
Good luck with it all and I would be interested to know what freight rates are these days as I would like to ship 3 S1's, the 110 and my 30 ft boat back along with some of our furniture in the not too distant future.

Rgds

Simon

Offline havens51

• LRSOC Member
Thanks Simon.  That is very helpful.  I will follow up on this.  I have had an Arkonik 110 shipped RoRo a few years ago so I am a little familiar with the drill.  Small world, I bought and had my Arles Blue NAS D90 from north of Houston.  And, sold my Arkonik 110 to a fellow in Houston.
It sounds like 3 S1's might be one too many :smiley:  How about I take one off your hands?  I am waiting for one from pangolin 4X4, but who knows when......It would be an easier shipment than from the UK.......I bloke in Wales is selling a 107 with a 200 tdi.  It looks pretty cool.

Offline havens51

• LRSOC Member
Oh yes, the 109 soft top I bought on BaT was also from Texas.

Offline autorover1

• LRSOC Member
  • 1955 SW , 2005 D3 G6TVC
I shipped my D3 to Port Hueneme Ca   by RoRo from Southampton , but that was driven in. Presumably you need someone to collect it on a Trailer  or Truck and take it there?  I sold a  Sankey trailer to a chap in Oregon  and his agent  arranged all the shipping including transport to Southampton RoRo from my local Town.  They used  Brookes transport in Hereford and they are not far from Newport   Brookes Transport is  http://www.brooks-transport.co.uk/contact.asp. They knew all about shipping paperwork etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal