Dvla v5

Offline Phil Price

• Non-Member
Dvla v5
- Nov 12, 2021 - 10:35
Hi am buying a series vehicle from a friend who bought it 20 years ago Since buying it the vehicle has sat in his garage. He never got the v5 from his friend and the friend has moved away and may not still be alive. Will i have a problem registering this with dvla and form v62 .Any help you can give is appreciated

Offline landie57

• LRSOC Member
Re: Dvla v5
Reply #1 - Nov 12, 2021 - 10:57
I believe there is a process for obtaining a V5 when the original has been lost. Have a look on the DVLA website or FBHVC website there should be some guidance there.

Offline TomC

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Reply #2 - Nov 12, 2021 - 11:02
Assuming it had been on the DVLA computer then there won't be a problem. To start you need to check the Government website and if you find it there then all you need to do is apply for the new V5C in your name. They will write to the last owner that they have recorded to make sure it isn't stolen and fairly quickly you should receive a new registration V5C.

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Offline scimart

• LRSOC Member
Dvla v5
Reply #3 - Nov 12, 2021 - 11:05
Assuming nothing has changed, DVLA register the keeper and not the legal owner. They may attempt to contact the last registered keeper but will take a lack of response as confirmation that they can reissue the V5 to the new applicant.  They will request various information and may still make a physical check?

This cost me a classic motorcycle when I naively assumed that the police and DVLA databases were interlinked and DVLA happily issued a V5 to the thief/receiver - although this was a couple of decades ago.

If the vehicle is not on the DVLA database then itís a whole new ball game and you need to seek further advice from the club registrations officer.

Sent from my iPhone using LRSOC

Offline Phil Price

• Non-Member
Reply #4 - Nov 12, 2021 - 12:19
 Thanks for all your fast replies . Contacting dvla is hopeless All you get is recorded messages.
Next problem is where to store it. Might have to part with the minerva.Not many with a pto hole. Or the 80"
Just can't resist
buying a Landrover phil

Offline TomC

Reply #5 - Nov 12, 2021 - 13:26
Contacting dvla is hopeless All you get is recorded messages.

So how did you get on with the Government website? That doesn't give recorded messages and it is working when I try it. If you are getting a message to say that your number isn't on their computer then you may have trouble, but I suspect that you haven't actually tried it.
2 Thanks.

Offline Phil Price

• Non-Member
Reply #6 - Nov 12, 2021 - 16:50
well if you ring the following numbers that I rang you will hear for yourself the options you have when you make your choice and end up just getting basic recorded messages 03007906802
                                                                                                                         03001239000
 I resent your assertion that I am a liar. Someone with common decency would not publically try to cast such an unfounded accusation. I think I can  managed through life without any more help from you. So kindly refrain from reading or commenting on my posts. There are a lot of Trolls out there. I don't see they serve any purpose on this excellent club site

Offline vardjewell Home Trader

• LRSOC Member
Reply #7 - Nov 12, 2021 - 16:57
Thereís some touchy folks about and a non member to boot !
     Vardon
5 Thanks.

Online Willerby

• Administrator
Reply #8 - Nov 12, 2021 - 18:38
well if you ring the following numbers that I rang you will hear for yourself the options you have when you make your choice and end up just getting basic recorded messages 03007906802
                                                                                                                         03001239000
 I resent your assertion that I am a liar. Someone with common decency would not publically try to cast such an unfounded accusation. I think I can  managed through life without any more help from you. So kindly refrain from reading or commenting on my posts. There are a lot of Trolls out there. I don't see they serve any purpose on this excellent club site

Not sure this was called for. There was no assertion that you had lied more that you had not stated whether you had  tried the action suggested. If there is any trolling it appears to be coming from yourself. Please calm down.
14 Thanks.

Offline TAC

Reply #9 - Nov 13, 2021 - 10:38
You do not deserve any more help from the club members.
If you want to get your landrover registered with the DVLA you need the co operation of the club to obtain it. 
An apology from you would be a good start.

3 Thanks.

Offline Phil Price

• Non-Member
Reply #10 - Nov 13, 2021 - 18:17
On reflection I understand I have misread the meaning behind Tom c's post and the situation.

I therefore regret my over reaction. and apologize to Tom. 

If I had not read the meaning of Tom 's post wrongly I would not have seen it as an affront to the validity of my statement. I am not fond of Humble pie but on this occasion I have to accept a large slice and apologize.
Kind regards

Phil Price                     
2 Thanks.

Offline peterholden

• Non-Member
  • A Yorkshireman on missionary duty in Lancashire
Reply #11 - Nov 13, 2021 - 19:01
Best advice I can give you is to spend a bit of cash and join the club then speak to Mick Burn the VRO, the cost of membership is peanuts compared with what it can cost if you get it wrong.

I am biased but I am VRO for the S2 club and spend a lot of time trying to unpick the chaos caused by getting it wrong.

Peter

Offline TomC

Reply #12 - Nov 13, 2021 - 19:59
On reflection I understand I have misread the meaning behind Tom c's post and the situation.

I therefore regret my over reaction. and apologize to Tom. 

If I had not read the meaning of Tom 's post wrongly I would not have seen it as an affront to the validity of my statement. I am not fond of Humble pie but on this occasion I have to accept a large slice and apologize.
Kind regards

Phil Price                   

Apology accepted, but I still suspect that you have not tried putting your registration number into this website as I suggested.

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

which will immediately tell you whether your vehicle is on their computer. If it comes up as recognised then you have no need to involve Mick Burn as you just need to apply for a new V5C. If it tells you that the vehicle is not on the  computer then you need Mick Burn. No telephones, waits or recorded messages are involved.

Offline Phil Price

• Non-Member
Reply #13 - Nov 13, 2021 - 22:50
Hi tried the Dvla website  and it comes up on their computer as sorn .
chassis number is just visible so should be ok with v62 form thanks  for the advise Phil

Offline Old Hywel

• Non-Member
Reply #14 - Nov 13, 2021 - 23:23
473XUR (seen in photo above) shows as Austin Healey on DVLA site. Taxed, too.

Offline peterholden

• Non-Member
  • A Yorkshireman on missionary duty in Lancashire
Reply #15 - Nov 14, 2021 - 07:45
That is the reg mark on the Minerva

What is the reg of the land rover without the documents?

Peter

Offline landie57

• LRSOC Member
Reply #16 - Nov 14, 2021 - 09:05
If it is shown as SORN then it should have a registered keeper on the DVLA database and a V5. I believe in the case of a lost V5 you will need a V62 see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-a-vehicle-registration-certificate
Other options are listed here https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-log-book

Offline scimart

• LRSOC Member
Reply #17 - Nov 14, 2021 - 09:46
Fingers crossed that you have the correct chassis number as this is the one thing that DVLA will insist on you providing.

I had an ultimately unsuccessful battle to get a replacement for a MF135 tractor which a club  Iím in wanted to use legally on road on very rare occasions after 30 odd years of use on our private site - no postcode so it had to be registered to a memberís home address. Over the years, we had no idea where the V5 had gone or which, probably deceased, member had registered it. There was no sign of a chassis number ever having been applied (not unusual apparently) and after a police inspection to confirm this we had to get a new VIN issued and a Q plate - luckily with a tractor this didnít come with all the MOT/new vehicle headaches that would apply to a car.

Offline Old Hywel

• Non-Member
Reply #18 - Nov 14, 2021 - 12:19
That is the reg mark on the Minerva.

Peter

Ok, agreed. DVLA thinks itís a Healey though.

Offline tonyg

• LRSOC Member
Reply #19 - Nov 14, 2021 - 13:39
Afternoon bods,
That is the fastest Austin Healey 3000 Minerva on the planet.....473XUR..

Why why you may ask?

Between Jan 2010 and Jan 2011 it travelled forwards 80,000 miles  ..according go its mot history.....39k to 119k.
Then travelled backwards 79.5k miles...a total distance of 159,500 miles in 2 years..

Whoosh....and I have a sign on my 1949 states " please pass"

Regards
Tonyg

1 Thank you.

Offline Phil Price

• Non-Member
Reply #20 - Nov 16, 2021 - 21:08
473xur probably is an Austin Healey. When I bought this Minerva
473xur was on the vehicle and the v5 stated 463xur There were 2 sets of plates in the vehicle. 473xur was recorded as never issued when I bought it so the Healey is probably a recent import.
This is a very early ckd with a Landrover chassis and bulkhead.
Minervas, tend to be in very good condition without suffering electrolytic  corrosion This one was a recce vehicle with a tall tripod aerial mast.. Someone on here suggested that as it was
painted yellow, then red, and having an unusual tow hitch  deployment to Airport duties moving Helicopters or small planes around may have been it's function at one time.
1 Thank you.

Offline Phil Price

• Non-Member
Reply #21 - Nov 16, 2021 - 21:57
see photo of the v5

Offline Bruce

• LRSOC Member
Reply #22 - Nov 16, 2021 - 22:36
see photo of the v5

Which  shows as 463XUR  so that should be the number on the vehicle, I would just change it rather than open a can of worms if you involve the DVLA

Offline Phil Price

• Non-Member
Reply #23 - Nov 16, 2021 - 23:16
The previous owner just made a mistake and painted a 7 instead of a 6. Vehicle is sorn phil

Offline alan reid

• LRSOC Member
Reply #24 - Nov 25, 2021 - 19:45
As the minerva has been red and yellow it may be a veteran of the Belgian army's psychedelic Minerva dance ( see Antarmike's posting last october)
473xur probably is an Austin Healey. When I bought this Minerva
473xur was on the vehicle and the v5 stated 463xur There were 2 sets of plates in the vehicle. 473xur was recorded as never issued when I bought it so the Healey is probably a recent import.
This is a very early ckd with a Landrover chassis and bulkhead.
Minervas, tend to be in very good condition without suffering electrolytic  corrosion This one was a recce vehicle with a tall tripod aerial mast.. Someone on here suggested that as it was
painted yellow, then red, and having an unusual tow hitch  deployment to Airport duties moving Helicopters or small planes around may have been it's function at one time.

Sent from my SM-A515F using LRSOC mobile app

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal