New Member - Location NSW

Offline Ozstratos

• Non-Member
New Member - Location NSW
- Sep 15, 2021 - 08:02
Hi All. My name is Paul Morton from Katoomba in Australia. I am currently restoring a 1957 S1 109 (photo hopefully included). I have finished the chassis and 95% of the bulkhead. Long job so far. The car was modified at some point making it a van w ith a diesel motor. When I got it, the bodywork behind the doors had been scrapped because it was rusty and awful. I have acquired a tub for it.
3 Thanks.

Offline Sir-Bastian

• LRSOC Member
  • 1958 109 2L Diesel CKD
Re: New Member - Location NSW
Reply #1 - Sep 16, 2021 - 05:23
Hello Paul, welcome! Interesting vehicle. The hardtop would have made it stand out from other lwb, but better to choose a economic way for the restoration. Has it the original diesel or is it a later modification?
Good luck !
Sebastian

Offline Ozstratos

• Non-Member
Reply #2 - Sep 16, 2021 - 07:28
Hi Sir-Bastion, sadly I wasn't given the option of the hardtop as it was gone before I got hold of the car. I would have kept and remade it. The diesel is a 2 litre of the correct vintage and type but the cars numbers suggest that it was fitted with the petrol when made. The cars wiring also confirm this. It was wired with entirely blue and yellow with a few odd wires from the original loom. Chhers, Paul.

Offline whitehillbilly

• LRSOC Member
Reply #3 - Sep 16, 2021 - 11:13
Welcome from Northern NSW.

whitehillbilly

Offline Sir-Bastian

• LRSOC Member
  • 1958 109 2L Diesel CKD
Reply #4 - Sep 17, 2021 - 16:22
Hi Sir-Bastion, sadly I wasn't given the option of the hardtop as it was gone before I got hold of the car. I would have kept and remade it. The diesel is a 2 litre of the correct vintage and type but the cars numbers suggest that it was fitted with the petrol when made. The cars wiring also confirm this. It was wired with entirely blue and yellow with a few odd wires from the original loom. Chhers, Paul.

2l Diesel engines are not many around. A lot of them are factory reconditioned. Does yours have a standard engine number like the chassis number or does it have a reconditioning plate?
Do you mind to share the numbers of your engine and car?

Sebastian

Offline Ozstratos

• Non-Member
Reply #5 - Sep 23, 2021 - 04:42
Hi Sebastion, The chassis on this is 123 700 801 which gave me this when I looked it up '1957 (between Aug 1956 and July 1957) 109" Basic 1997cc Spread Bore RHD Export CKD Kit'. The engine is 156 900 556 which gave me 'Series II Diesel 2052cc'. The radiator cowel had an ANNAND & THOMPSON plate on it. The only other Identifiable bit was that it was painted a dark red/maroon colour in its first life. Red didn't appear to be a standard year/model colour so this along with the red bull dust concreted inside the chassis would lead me to believe that it was probably a PMG unit.
Cheers, Paul.

Offline roversrussell

• LRSOC Member
Reply #6 - Sep 23, 2021 - 08:01
hi stratos my april 49 is a ex pmg    if you need any help on the 109 let me know have all the parts for them jim

Offline Ozstratos

• Non-Member
Reply #7 - Sep 24, 2021 - 02:15
Thanks Jim, Always good to know someone else with one. Cheers Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal