New to the Forum

Offline D.N.D

• Non-Member
New to the Forum
- Sep 26, 2021 - 16:07
My name is Dave & I live in North Wales. I am new to the forum, so I thought that it was time to introduce myself. At the beginning of the year I sold my old motorcycles as I decided that it was time to get something with four wheels. I have never owned a Land Rover, but when I saw a Minerva TT in need of renovation advertised by Agricultural & Cross Country Vehicles, I could not resist. The Minerva was duly delivered & I spent a month making it roadworthy. I have been using it all through the summer and have to say that it has been great. No power steering, well barely any steering! Brakes, who needs them! My Minerva is unusual in that it is built onto a Land Rover export chassis and not the usual  CKD or Minerva chassis. I will be posing many questions on this forum in the near future.  All the best. Dave.

Offline Fen Boy Paid AdvertiserModerator

• LRSOC Member
  • If it ain't broke... Fiddle with it until it IS !
Re: New to the Forum
Reply #1 - Sep 26, 2021 - 16:25
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum and all things series 1 !   Keep us posted on your recent purchase. Good luck with it.

Offline Monkeypin

• LRSOC Member
Reply #2 - Sep 26, 2021 - 18:37
Welcome to the forum Dave. One thing about Land Rover brakes is that they help to keep you alert while you're driving!! There is always someone who is able to answer any questions you may have or a forum search may well turn up an answer. Have you got any photographs you can share with us?
Mike

Offline D.N.D

• Non-Member
Reply #3 - Sep 26, 2021 - 19:34
Here is a photo.
2 Thanks.

Offline Duncan

• LRSOC Member
Reply #4 - Sep 27, 2021 - 13:52
very nice !

Offline Eddy Camerlinck

• LRSOC Member
Reply #5 - Sep 27, 2021 - 14:03
Nice one
See 2 brackets welded on the front dumb irons.
Probably for a spare wheel carrier like the ambulance versions had if memory serves me right.
Regards Eddy

Offline D.N.D

• Non-Member
Reply #6 - Sep 27, 2021 - 16:07
Thanks to Eddy for the information on the brackets. That was one of the questions I was going to ask to see if anyone knew. I have added a closer photo for any other ideas. Many thanks. Dave.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal