Wheeler Dealer Show 54 Series 1 for sale ? - interesting

Offline one4ash

• LRSOC Member
i have just seen an ad on facebook  - from Mike Brewer   It seem the new show are looking for a buyer to go on camera !

https://www.facebook.com/MrWheelerDealer

Worth a look ? - even just the programme when it airs on Monday ?   Does the club know this vehicle ?

Offline james diehl

• LRSOC Member
Not there anymore,they must have sold it!

Offline one4ash

• LRSOC Member
I managed to get a response -   the S1 is a ex Ministry - sent out to Porton Down   and then disposed of hence the later registration date. 

It  is  47012705  -   Registered NGY 632  -  Allocated to Government departments and issued in London!  Looking forward to the programme !

Offline one4ash

• LRSOC Member
You are right - I've just checked and the picture and the page has gone.    They did send me a copy of the Heritage certificate - but no asking price?

Online scimart

• LRSOC Member
I managed to get a response -   the S1 is a ex Ministry - sent out to Porton Down   and then disposed of hence the later registration date. 

It  is  47012705  -   Registered NGY 632  -  Allocated to Government departments and issued in London!  Looking forward to the programme !

Not sure that is necessarily the case although I haven't seen details of its registration date.  I assume there is some anomaly?

Mine (5710....built in October '54 with the registration NGY 990 and assigned to duties with armaments research has always retained its Ministry block number and January '55 registration date..

Offline TomC

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Not sure that is necessarily the case although I haven't seen details of its registration date.  I assume there is some anomaly?

Mine (5710....built in October '54 with the registration NGY 990 and assigned to duties with armaments research has always retained its Ministry block number and January '55 registration date..

Exactly, NGY *** was a period Ministry block and includes several fire engines amongst its members, particularly seems to cover vehicles allocated to government establishment duties.

Offline one4ash

• LRSOC Member
 The Series one for  sale on Wheeler dealers - has this info on its BHMIT Certificate   18th August 1954  as build date    and   17th September 1954   as dispatch date  --  47102705   Destination  Chemical Defence Establishment, Porton Down,  Salisbury..   The registration shows as registered 1963 on the Gov  website currently, so must have been - re-registered  using the same VRO?   

When I bought my S1 - its stated  first registration  was  23-5-84  and DVLA clearly stated it was not registered with DVLA till then -and were unable to give me any information between when a V55/5 (First licence and declaration for registration) was sought  for  the vehicle - which still carried its original registration!    DVLA issued a "duplicate registration"  at that time    -    Fortunately , Cumbria Records office has the correct date of first registration  - for the Land Rover - and with BMHIT  certificate back up also -  now the V5 states the "declared" correct date of first registration as  26/11/1953 -     BUT as far as DVLA are concerned - my S1 didn't exist  before 23-5-84!   As they don't hold any  of the old  paper records from County Councils or Vehicle licencing Offices.

Offline 715GC Trade Advertiser

• LRSOC Member

When I bought my S1 - its stated  first registration  was  23-5-84  and DVLA clearly stated it was not registered with DVLA till then -and were unable to give me any information between when a V55/5 (First licence and declaration for registration) was sought  for  the vehicle - which still carried its original registration!    DVLA issued a "duplicate registration"  at that time    -    Fortunately , Cumbria Records office has the correct date of first registration  - for the Land Rover - and with BMHIT  certificate back up also -  now the V5 states the "declared" correct date of first registration as  26/11/1953 -     BUT as far as DVLA are concerned - my S1 didn't exist  before 23-5-84!   As they don't hold any  of the old  paper records from County Councils or Vehicle licencing Offices.

You did well to change that date on your V5, personally as long as a vehicle has a current V5 this is good, people do take what the DVLA say on a V5 for granted, like the owners, the owners on a V5 are the ones from when the DVLA were computerized, this is like you say in the early 80s,

Offline one4ash

• LRSOC Member
Correction - the previous owner - got that sorted on the V5 - however when I got  the history from DVLA - it was only from the later registration ! 
Anyway - apart from that I'm looking forward to seeing the programme !  It will probably be on Quest in a few years time as I don't pay to view!

Offline C.Rea

• LRSOC Member
Got round to watching this episode last week, then was in the local dealership over the weekend and saw this in the corner.
It was the actual Land Rover from this show, and the sales man was saying it was back up for sale. Slightly more than the 35k figure mentioned in the show.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal