Looking for help

Offline Mothy

• Non-Member
Looking for help
- Aug 09, 2021 - 10:50
Thank you for letting me join this forum.

I don't own a Series One, I own a Series 2a, but I am helping a friend who does not do the internet and this forum seemed a good place to find some help!

He owns a Series One that has been laid up for a number of years.

He's not going to get round to restoring it and is thinking of selling it, but he's no idea what it's worth.

It's a 1957/58 model 88" with two litre engine. I think it's fairly unmolested but I haven't got gearbox and axle numbers etc so can't provide that information to help assess its originality.

It really needs a kind, honest expert to have a look at it and advise him.

He lives in the NR12 postal area.

If anyone is able to assist, please get in touch.

I'll try and attach a photo I took about ten years ago.

Many thanks.

Offline simondewing

• LRSOC Member
Re: Looking for help
Reply #1 - Aug 09, 2021 - 12:02
Very hard to tell how complete it is or what condition remaining parts are in from the photo.
Obviously a project but how much of one is the key to its value.

Just out of curiosity, what is the other one in the background?

Rgds

Simon

Offline philpjread

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Reply #2 - Aug 09, 2021 - 12:09
Describe it well eg chassis, bulkhead, engine, transmission (siezed or not) etc and put it on ebay, the auction will find its value.

Offline Mothy

• Non-Member
Reply #3 - Aug 09, 2021 - 17:51
Very hard to tell how complete it is or what condition remaining parts are in from the photo.
Obviously a project but how much of one is the key to its value.

Just out of curiosity, what is the other one in the background?

Rgds

Simon

There's not much to go on there, I agree. It does need more photos, which I can take next time I'm there.

It probably needs a new chassis and bulkhead. Engine had been rebuilt at some stage and is turned over on the handle from time to time, including a few days ago, so may be in reasonable condition considering it's been standing for a while.

The one in the background is also a Series One.

Offline Mothy

• Non-Member
Reply #4 - Aug 09, 2021 - 17:53
Describe it well eg chassis, bulkhead, engine, transmission (siezed or not) etc and put it on ebay, the auction will find its value.

Please see above.

Ebay is not really an option as the owner does not do the internet and the last thing he wants is tyre kickers coming round.

Offline Mothy

• Non-Member
Reply #5 - Aug 09, 2021 - 17:57
Thanks for your responses.

I have been contacted by a very kind forum member who lives in the area and who has offered to help out.

So for now we have all the assistance we need and we'll wait and see if the owner does want to sell this vehicle based on the likely value he'll receive.

Thanks again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal