Offline 10334

• LRSOC Member
  • 107 Station Wagon
- May 24, 2021 - 13:12
Afternoon all,

I've just joined the club as I've bought a '58 107 v8 station wagon to sit alongside a '65 IIA and it seems as though parts are few and far between! Where's the best place to source a bracket for the top of the rear door, correct period window catches, replacement perspex and door skins for the 2nd row doors? Also, what's the Billing show like? worth going?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Offline fifty seven

• LRSOC Member
Re: New Member
Reply #1 - May 24, 2021 - 19:44
Welcome here. You appear to have purchased something unusual, and with power, (and standard steering and brakes ?) not for the faint-hearted !

The rear side door panels skins  are nowhere to be found today, but not impossible even for an amateur to recreate, IF You have a drawing of one  or make a suitable pattern. The handle opening is probably the most complex thing about them. Some people have made a hardwood former for this universal door handle shape one for each side ( they are handed) , onto which a panel-beating process can form the opening.

The upper body hinge plate for rear side door , if that is what you need, is also unobtainable , but could be recreated from mild steel and then galvanised. The replacement side windows for doors have been remade. The club shop has them.The twist button window lock are hens teeth. Place a forum wanted ad , someone might have some spare. The fittings for series 2 A and 3 versions are not quite the same.

No idea about Billing nowadays... LRSOC events and local meets are always a lot of fun.

Offline alan reid

• LRSOC Member
Reply #2 - May 24, 2021 - 20:12
Welcome to the world of the 15 point turn ! The perspex windows are the same as the front doors ( club shop). The bracket is shared with the 86 /88 SW ( probably doesn't help much) should be easy to make  a copy .
The window catches are very hard to find i adapted the later ones. Door skin D I  Y i made one from 2 cut down 86 ones with a glued lap joint   . Unlike Ernie Wises head you can see the join but you have to look close  Hidden by door trim on inside. Would have been easier to make one

Sent from my SM-A515F using LRSOC mobile app

Offline Willerby

• Administrator

Offline cdr.bond

• LRSOC Member
Reply #4 - May 25, 2021 - 15:19
Afternoon all,

I've just joined the club as I've bought a '58 107 v8 station wagon to sit alongside a '65 IIA and it seems as though parts are few and far between! Where's the best place to source a bracket for the top of the rear door, correct period window catches, replacement perspex and door skins for the 2nd row doors? Also, what's the Billing show like? worth going?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Welcome!  Would love to see some photos of your 107 v8 set up. 

Sent from my iPad using LRSOC

Offline Rangie

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
  • Oct '48 - R860487
Reply #5 - May 26, 2021 - 09:20
I've just joined the club as I've bought a '58 107 v8 station wagon

Photos please  ;D
 :we_need_pics:

Alec.

Offline alan reid

• LRSOC Member
Reply #6 - May 26, 2021 - 13:33
With a V8 its definitely worth using a Salisbury rear axle your halfshafts won't last long and if original are expensive to replace

Sent from my SM-A515F using LRSOC mobile app

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal