Hello! 1949 Series One Restoration

Offline CCF 125

• LRSOC Member
Hello! 1949 Series One Restoration
- Apr 27, 2021 - 15:10
Hello my name is John Freeman, I bought a 1949 series one as a barn find just prior to Christmas.

I previously owned one 20 years ago and always regretted selling her. With our Diamond Jubilee celebrations as a company this year, we decided we should buy another! As a company we have always been associated with Land Rovers through all that time and so it seemed appropriate that the restoration of one should coincide with our anniversary, in the summer.  Currently she is completely stripped down to the chassis which has been thoroughly gone through and galvanised and along with the repairs to the body work ready to be built back up again. We are undertaking all the mechanical work ourselves axles, gearbox and engine but a local man Mark Taylor is doing all the chassis and body repairs.

It is our intention to paint it in the light green colour that these earlier land rovers were in, but have a question what the standard BSI colour code is?
1 Thank you.

Offline Jules

• LRSOC Member
Re: Hello! 1949 Series One Restoration
Reply #1 - Apr 28, 2021 - 08:00
Welcome along to the forum.
A good story with a good Land-Rover to go with it. Best of luck with the pace of restoration. There is a wealth of information on here if you use the search function. Paint codes have been discussed many times. I personally can't help as mine is not light green - sorry.
Keep updating us with photos as we all like to see what is going on.
Happy Land-Rovering.
Jules

Offline KAC 87

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
  • KAC 87 - at least I thought I'd finished her!
Reply #2 - Apr 28, 2021 - 08:40
Darren Beard would be as good chap to ask. He did a lovely job of restoring a 1949 80 and painted it light green too.
Good luck.
Nigel.

Sent from my iPhone using LRSOC

Offline 715GC Trade Advertiser

• LRSOC Member
Reply #3 - Apr 28, 2021 - 15:09
Hi,

Your land rover looks a good project, if its CCF125 then this is chassis number 06101321, this would of had Deep bronze green body/chassis originally.

If you do a colour change then I always think its quite a personal thing, and also it hard to decide where to stop, as im sure you may already understand that changes happened quite often, so for instance the hood is different on an early 061 like you have to a light green model.

Where in Shropshire are you roughly?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal