Ebay

Offline philpjread

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Ebay
- Apr 11, 2021 - 15:43
Ebay appears to be getting rather complicated, is there a viable alternative?

Offline george8406

• Non-Member
Re: Ebay
Reply #1 - Apr 11, 2021 - 16:42
Facebook Market Place is free, but the search options are poor and, in my experience, you tend to get messed about slightly more often.

Online Bjornung

• LRSOC Member
Reply #2 - Apr 11, 2021 - 17:21
If you are not signed up/in with Facebook, Facebook will make it troublesome for you to read any Facebook page.
If you are sent a link to a Facebook page that might have interesting content for you, and you are not on Facebook, you will soon get fed up trying to read the page.
Which means you will miss potential customers.
Facebook is only for followers.

Bjørnung

Offline uppity

• LRSOC Member
Reply #3 - Jun 05, 2021 - 21:11
Gumtree?

Offline Cake Monster

• LRSOC Member
Reply #4 - Jun 06, 2021 - 09:42
The ‘For Sale’ section on the forum......

Offline msm80

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
  • RAF1952 80"-1948 80"-1951 80" & Co-pilot Finlay
Reply #5 - Jun 06, 2021 - 09:55
Ebay appears to be getting rather complicated, is there a viable alternative?
Online maybe but I downloaded the ‘app’ on my mobile which is easy to use. I think for once the tech is tightening up against fraudsters and scam etc so sadly higher levels of security and account linkage is an necessary price we all have to pay.
Personally I cannot wait to get back to autojumbling again. Half the fun is the looking then haggling for that missing part. E-bay as we all know too well is about some screwing everyone else for the highest price!
M

Offline fifty seven

• LRSOC Member
Reply #6 - Jun 06, 2021 - 10:06
Snail mail in response to a well timed advert in Legend, has still got such a lot to commend it.. I can't understand why so many people would resort to any other way to reach and be sure to get response only from others who share this passion?  :tongue:

If the "I want it now,.....I want rid of it today"  crowd would join this club too, then  things might return to a more seemly pace...?

( of course for some people the word "Instant" is the one shared with dodgy coffee ... :tic:) :tic: :tic: :tic:
1 Thank you.

Offline mutley1954

• LRSOC Member
Reply #7 - Jun 06, 2021 - 12:11
 I must agree that I struggle with E bay, and am not a "techy ".    Remember the inkies like Exchange and Mart , and local papers full of classified
ads.    Everything is digital, and immediate today, and it is of course an invitation to fraudsters etc.     It will be nice when Newbury, and other
 sales return, and have some proper face to face trading .   
1 Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal