Greetings from North Norway.

Offline Oddjo

• LRSOC Member
Greetings from North Norway.
- Jan 14, 2021 - 23:32
Hi everyone!

My Landrover story started in 1997, when I purchased a Series 1 - 86" petrol.  It was in useful condition, but was stripped down and restored in 2005. It is kept at our vacation cabin. In 1999 I came over a Series 3 diesel 109", classified as a "basket case" (no engine, broken transfer boks, body in parts, missing seats, rolling chassis).  I spent 2 years getting all the missing parts and restoring the rest.  It has served me for 20 years now and both cars are used regularly by myself an my 3 boys.  I have also owned a Discovery 3 for 12 years, and upgraded to Discovery 4 2 years ago.
1 Thank you.

Offline Mark Edmunds

• LRSOC Member
  • Engine overhaul, Overdrive and Gearbox sorted...
Re: Greetings from North Norway.
Reply #1 - Jan 15, 2021 - 08:33
Welcome Oddgeir, and enjoy this Forum as much as your pair of vehicles!
Hoping Norway is less affected by Lockdowns and lunacy than us!

Mark
1 Thank you.

Offline Jules

• LRSOC Member
Reply #2 - Jan 15, 2021 - 10:13
Welcome to all things Series one Land Rover. That is a really nice looking 86", original but still being used. Thanks for posting pictures, well all like pictures, especially when we are not allowed out to use our vehicles.
Jules

Offline Keith Robertshaw

• LRSOC Member
  • 1955 86
Reply #3 - Jan 15, 2021 - 11:13
Welcome to the forum. My 1955 86 LHD came from Norway.

it was bought by HTE in 1955 and worked on an island near Trondheim - Ytterøy - for the first 10 years of its life. It was used by the second owner at his cabin in the mountains, then sold and tidied up by the third owner in around 2014. I bought it in 2015.

[/size]Planning a pilgrimage to Ytterøy in the next couple of years with the Land Rover, looks like a really interesting place!Keith

Offline Duncan

• LRSOC Member
Reply #4 - Jan 15, 2021 - 13:35
That's quite a winch you have on there Oddgeir ,  and it looks as though it's done some work. Greetings from British Columbia Canada.

Offline Oddjo

• LRSOC Member
Reply #5 - Jan 17, 2021 - 22:45
Thanks for all replies.

The winch is actually an original Landrover hydraulic winch with hydraulic pump driven from the PTO at the back of the gearbox.  Very powerful!
1 Thank you.

Offline Bjornung

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Reply #6 - Jan 18, 2021 - 08:38
Welcome,

Nice 86" and hydraulic winch - another Norwegian with an 86" here. Is there a story behind the license number?  "L" would indicate it is from my part of Norway in the south west, Rogaland, but the number seems to predate 86" versions?

Bjørnung

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals

86" 1955
Daily car - Discovery 4 SDV6 2015
Previous owned LR: Discovery II V8, 110, RRC 1978 (my daily car for 30 years)
Other interest - I am also known as LA9ULA (monitoring DMR BM 242 and YSF 44919)  and have photography in general as a small hobby.

Offline Oddjo

• LRSOC Member
Reply #7 - Jan 20, 2021 - 15:31
Hi Bjørnung!  And thanks for reply and news, We actually know each other, I used to be a member of the Stavanger section of NLRK before moving to Northern Norway. :-).   Regarding the registration number, I guess the previous owner was able to select a number from available vintage numbers when the Landrover was imported from UK ca 1996.  The L is for Landrover and 55 the model year.

Best regards
Oddgeir

Offline Bjornung

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Reply #8 - Jan 20, 2021 - 17:46
Hi Bjørnung!  And thanks for reply and news, We actually know each other, I used to be a member of the Stavanger section of NLRK before moving to Northern Norway. :-).   Regarding the registration number, I guess the previous owner was able to select a number from available vintage numbers when the Landrover was imported from UK ca 1996.  The L is for Landrover and 55 the model year.
Best regards
Oddgeir
Wow is that you Oddgeir!  :D :smiley:
Sorry for not realizing that at first.!

Do you still have you beautiful 109" you restored? You did bring that one with you when you moved north if I remember right? Can't remember now if it was an series 2 or 3?
About the registration number, I should have understood - remember a couple of years ago two 86" with registration numbers 86-1955 and 86-1954, not sure if they are still around.
As I mentioned I have a 1955 86" finally on the road, guess I was working on that even when we met last time...years ago... ;D

Hope all is well!
Take care.!
Bjørnung

86" 1955
Daily car - Discovery 4 SDV6 2015
Previous owned LR: Discovery II V8, 110, RRC 1978 (my daily car for 30 years)
Other interest - I am also known as LA9ULA (monitoring DMR BM 242 and YSF 44919)  and have photography in general as a small hobby.

Offline Oddjo

• LRSOC Member
Reply #9 - Jan 24, 2021 - 16:59
Hi again Bjørnung,  Sorry for late reply.
Yes I still have my Series 3.  It is a 1977 Diesel - With a Sherpa engine.  It runs well, but I might struggle to get parts for the engine.  Timing belts are not available anymore.  :(  But I replaced it about one year ago.  Picture is from a fishing trip to Senja last summer.
2 Thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal