Hello from Cornwall

Offline Gusto Overland

• LRSOC Member
Hello from Cornwall
- Nov 30, 2020 - 16:25
Hello to you all. So here goes the story about me and the 5 (potentially 5) Land Rovers I foolishly have.

Me, retired Marine Mechanical Engineer.

My 5 Land Rovers. I have a 110 Defender in which we have travelled through 52 countries, been to 3 oceans, Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic, and 49 States in USA. We were in Mexico when Covid struck and we were forced to return home.

My second one is a 1954 86" which I acquired about 15yrs ago, full of good intentions to restore it. For that rebuild I bought a chassis with a Vehicle Manufacturers Certificate, potentially my second Series 1.

So the rebuild is now well underway with the hope that it will be finished and running in 3 months.

During the rebuild I started to look for spare parts and found 2 more series 1 in bits quite close to my house. Like an idiot I bought them! So that's the 5 Land Rovers.

I haver decided that I will finish the 86" rebuild and then build an 80". This will leave an 86" chassis, a running 80" galvanised chassis with a V* engine and S1 gearbox, 2 axels, a couple of gearboxes and some axel parts for sale if anyone is interested.

That's my story.
3 Thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal