107 SW Found in Australia

Offline C00kie

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
107 SW Found in Australia
- Sep 03, 2020 - 10:33
I subscribe to Steve's "Vintage Restorations Australia" Youtube channel and he just posted this video which I thought some of you might enjoy:

https://youtu.be/U8TJzZ--EUg

Cheers,
Mark
3 Thanks.

Offline fifty seven

• LRSOC Member
Re: 107 SW Found in Australia
Reply #1 - Sep 03, 2020 - 11:48
Excellent challenge always amazing how something left parked up becomes raided for parts and further dismantled over the years..if not deliberately damaged . Why holes were opened and then left completely uncovered into the gearbox is beyond me.  ( I think I might have been a bit more gentle to use the tractor lift place it on a frame or sledge of timber before dragging it resting largely on the displaced second fuel tank, to freedom ).
 Many of the wholly unique important bits look to be still there, like rear axle case, rear side doors and SW body. But far too much like 107SW radiator surround, unique rear seat setup ,unique window glass, as well as standard parts of floors is long gone.
It will take time to find these parts off others.   

Good luck !
1 Thank you.

Offline Lost Landy

• LRSOC Member
Reply #2 - Sep 03, 2020 - 15:05
Not really found  have known about that, sorry wagon for a few years now, was offed it  but to much work for me.
Take a brave soul to take that rebuild on, hope they can bring it back, to life.
Fear profits no man!

Offline simonppowell

• LRSOC Member
  • 57103514 86 inch
Reply #3 - Jan 14, 2021 - 08:24
amazing youtube - had me laughing out loud - the optimism of the guy - gets home half the 107 and says he will start by washing it
57103514  86 inch

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal