A brand new Land Rover Cylinder Head ??

Offline MK3 40BP41

• Non-Member
Hi all.
I have on my shelf a brand new cylinder head for Rover P4 60 (part no:241890)
and i would like to ask if someone knows if this was a common part on the Rover P4 and  very early Land Rover 1.6 Ltr engine.
                  Thanks

Offline rodthrutheblock Trade (Legend Advertiser)

• LRSOC Member
  • Juey restorer
    • www.classiccarvaluations.co.uk
Re: A brand new Land Rover Cylinder Head ??
Reply #1 - Oct 01, 2009 - 18:12
Hi,No, the Land Rover head was always cast iron. It would fit a Land Rover engine, but be incorrect.I have a couple of Series Ones with this head and the matching SU carb. If you wished to sell........... :D

Offline jeremy

• LRSOC Supporter
Reply #2 - Oct 01, 2009 - 18:19
The Rover 60 was made in 2 forms - P3 which used the 1600 engine and was only made for a couple of years before the P4 was introduced.  Details of this car seem scarce and as far as I know only about 1250 were made.  I don't know if this engine used an alloy head or not.

The later P4 60's all used the 2 litre engine and had an alloy head.  This will fit a Land Rover ioe engine and allows an SU carburettor to be used.
Please do NOT PM me with general information requests.  these are better dealt with in the open forum.

Offline TrakgripT28

• Non-Member
Reply #3 - Oct 01, 2009 - 19:21
The P3 60 engine was all cast iron and very similar apart from minor details to the motor used in early Land Rovers.
To fit a P4 60 aluminium alloy cylinder head in place of the cast iron head you will also require the appropriate longer head to block bolts and inlet valve pushrods, a by-pass extension for the water pump and have to modify the throttle linkage etc. . .

Offline MK3 40BP41

• Non-Member
Reply #4 - Oct 02, 2009 - 17:55
 Thanks about the useful information's. I don't know exactly the value for this part so this is not for sale at the moment but this is exchangeable with a new cylinder head for my Land Rover 2Ltr engine,  if the price for this is approximately  the same. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal