A not so new member

Offline Keith Robertshaw

• LRSOC Member
  • 1955 86
A not so new member
- Nov 12, 2015 - 12:54
Hi all, I've been a member for a while, and had a 1952 80in that I sold in 2012. After a long search I've finally found a series one, and collected it on Monday. It's a 1955 86in left hand drive, originally exported to Norway.
[/size]It was initially owned by the local electrical company, who ran it for around 10 years. It was then sold to a local family who took it to their hut in the wilderness, where it remained until 2014 when the next owner bought it. A Welshman living in Norway, Steve did a lot of work sorting out the chassis and lots of other things - see the forum restoration history. He then returned to the uk in the Land Rover this year, driving 1500 kms to South Wales! 
[/size]The Land Rover is now registered in the UK and ready to roll, so can't wait to get out and about. There's a couple of jobs to do, including fitting the correct wheels and tyres (the defender wheels and tyres rub on the chassis) sorting out the exhaust (it fell of when Steve arrived home) and getting some UK number plates.
[/size]
[/size]Wave if you see me on the roads of West Yorkshire!
[/size]
[/size]Keith
1 Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal