Rubber floor mats for 86" series one,, where to buy?

Offline snowgear

• Non-Member
I have been looking at the aftermarket rubber front floor mats for an 86" series one.. I have seen a Brand called " series" , but the specs say they are for series 2, 2A and 3..  Is there any series one specific rubber floor mats on the market?  Or has any one bought a series 2, 2a, 3 rubber mats front set,, and how do they fit? Any alternations needed?
    Not really interested in the rubber, chain link style,,  The "Series" brand for S2, 2A, 3 are available in the USA from Atlantic British for around $79.00 US dollars.. Anyone have the "series Brand ?   Also,, is there a series one, 86" floor trim kit that covers the tunnel, floors? I just looked at a " Hardura" set on Ebay UK,, but specs are for series 2.
  Thanks,, Tim 1956 S1 86" Tilt.   USA.

Offline antarmike

• LRSOC Member
  • Minerva & Bantam Trailer / 101" & Sankey / 55 86"
Series 2/2A etc would be for pendant Brake and clutch pedals.  At the very least you would need to make cut outs for your pedals if attempting to convert these for series 1 use.

Would it not be possible to cut the exact size you want from ribbed rubber matting, bought off the roll?  Rolls come in a variety of widths, 900mm, 1000mm, 1200mm etc. 3mm, 5mm or 6mm thicknesses available, in a variety of rib widths and patterns and normally sold "by the metre".

Cutting from wider ribbed matting will give the best fit, I suggest, if you are happy with the look.
You are never too old to have a happy childhood.

Offline Monkeypin

• LRSOC Member
Would it not be possible to cut the exact size you want from ribbed rubber matting, bought off the roll?  Rolls come in a variety of widths, 900mm, 1000mm, 1200mm etc. 3mm, 5mm or 6mm thicknesses available, in a variety of rib widths and patterns and normally sold "by the metre".

That's what I have done. I made a cardboard template first then used that to cut the rubber.
Is sarcasm a very deep sar??

Offline Geoff and Vanessa

• LRSOC Member

Apart from pendant pedals the foot plates and foot wells are of a different size and shape....... I tried to swap over my old Series 2 mats ...

I use 3 mm rubber sheet cut to exact size with a very fine cross hatch pattern as it is easier on the feet when driving and easier to clean when compared to the ribbed type of floor covering. I've tried both types as I had access to the stuff in work so did a " scientific experiment "  :tic:
Another benefit of rubber sheet is that you can allow it to rise up the foot well which looks neat and also has the benefit of noise reduction.

Rubber sheet is difficult to put over the top of the transmission tunnel without looking ugly but you can get away with thin rubber sheet underneath the transmission cover if you are looking for noise reduction ? I did this on a Series 2 with some success.

I am not aware of an elegant solution but someone else may.

Offline Monkeypin

• LRSOC Member
A couple of photo's of mine, cut from ribbed rubber matting. I decided not to go around the pedals.
Mike

Is sarcasm a very deep sar??

Offline Cameron

• LRSOC Member
  • csm1406
I Have coir matting in mine - fitted by PO - this is available on Ebay - I like these and they are easy to clean.  - I could send Photo's if anyone would like them.
Cameron

Offline antarmike

• LRSOC Member
  • Minerva & Bantam Trailer / 101" & Sankey / 55 86"
You are never too old to have a happy childhood.

Offline v8bobber

• LRSOC Member
Just be careful where you but your rubber from though.

When I made some mats for the 86" a big parcel arrived at the house from the supplier with "Rubberking" written all over it.

I think the delivery driver gave my missus a wink as he handed the parcel over no doubt thinking there was something else inside... :tic:

Offline autorover1

• LRSOC Member
  • 1955 SW , 2005 D3 G6TVC
I used a set of Series 3 rubber mats in my 86". I cut out the holes for the pedals and trimmed a small amount off at various points to fit snugly. I am really pleased and they are still in use after 20 or so years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal