land rovers anonymous
- Apr 03, 2009 - 13:58
good afternoon ,my name is paul,and i haven't bought a landrover for 2 weeks

Offline The Colonel

• Non-Member
  • Got a III and a II so a I next?
Re: land rovers anonymous
Reply #1 - Apr 03, 2009 - 17:31
I can't tell you my name otherwise I won't be anonymous any more!  I haven't bought one for ages and currently neither of my two are useable or road legal.  I've put a bid on one on eBay but been beaten.  I'll also be beaten if I do win it :als5:   Nevertheless I'm probably going to the Newbury Show on Sunday for a "fix".
Name  :censored:
PS I've a friend in the village who has three SI's and I know two brothers who have about nine or ten II's between them. Is it bad to envy them???

Offline jonhutchings

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Reply #2 - Apr 03, 2009 - 20:02
hello, mine name is Jon, I've not bough a land rover for over a year, however I'm not recovered and keep getting smaller fixes by buying parts (sometimes better known as Junk) to fix and improve my current collection.

I too will be attending Newbury as my habit keeps me going back year after year, even if it pours with rain or changes hands

Is there a cure ? I do hope not!

Offline gertie Moderator

• LRSOC Member
Reply #3 - Apr 03, 2009 - 20:13
When is Newbury show, is it this sunday?

Offline The Colonel

• Non-Member
Reply #4 - Apr 03, 2009 - 21:58
Gertie,
yes it is Sunday.  Details here:- www.newbury4x4andvintagesparesday.co.uk/
Wear a cammo jacket and you'll be anonymous - I'm going in mine  ;D
The Colonel

Offline White Fox Moderator

• LRSOC Member
  • GTS looking good on the front cover of Legend 155
Reply #5 - Apr 05, 2009 - 20:17
We spent 4 anonymous hours at newbury today, found some perfect small rear indicator lights for the back which means nothing ugly hanging under the cross member or fitting over the number plate.

There was a tidy '57 88" going for 7,500, it did have a galvanised chassis. Same chap also sold a nice truck cab, don't know how much for though. He was acting a bit anonymous.

Lots of anonymous camo jackets - good day had by all   :1smiley:

WF

Offline The Colonel

• Non-Member
Reply #6 - Apr 06, 2009 - 21:58
It worked - none of you saw me at Newbury in my cammo jacket!!  Saw the SI for sale and a 107 too but didn't buy either.  Bought a couple of wheel chocks, a wheel & tyre and 10prs of work gloves.  Was quite a pleasant day out, as I was expecting a very small show compared whith what it used to be - this was a nice size - think the Sodbury sortout may have got a bit too large.
Name  :censored:

Offline White Fox Moderator

• LRSOC Member
  • GTS looking good on the front cover of Legend 155
Reply #7 - Apr 06, 2009 - 22:35
Saw the SI for sale and a 107 too but didn't buy either.
The yellow and blue one didn't catch your eye then for 800 - not surprised, think every bit of steel on her was shot.
WF

Offline jonhutchings

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Reply #8 - Apr 08, 2009 - 20:50
Oh yeah I saw that, opened the passenger door slightly and was worried it might come off in my hands.  Saw a certain Bristol based 80 for sale there too ;-)

Offline 80inch_nut

• LRSOC Member
  • Wayne
Reply #9 - Apr 08, 2009 - 21:21
Yes I was there with the 80" from Bristol. Don't know what I am doing wrong but haven't sold it yet. I did however do a 110mile trip in it on monday. At the newbury sale I bought some original Land rover showroom light boxes, the guy had some other stuff so visited him monday night. I took the 80" up the M4 to Newbury junction, complete with hood off and sun shining, took 1hr2mins to do 55 miles. On the way home it was raining but wasn't phased got home at 10:30!! The landie performed faultlessly and actually was a pleasure to drive, maybe I should sell the 1946 Dodge I have and keep the landie (one has to go). I would consider a swap or p/ex on either for something else interesting and old maybe a prewar limo (preferably austin 18 or yank)
Wayne Smith

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal