Author Topic: Age related number plate  (Read 1668 times)

Offline v8bobber

Age related number plate
« on: June 29, 2010 - 22:12 »
Hi All,

I suspect that this has been covered elsewhere on this forum at some point however I failed to find what I was looking for.

Question is...........

I am looking at purchasing an '55 86" locally. The seller tells me that it is an ex military vehicle and as a result wears a 7 digit registration with an "E" at the end.

Is it possible to apply for an age related plate (ie 3 letters, 3 numbers) if i should buy it?

Also, where's the best place to purchase a soft top for it?

Many Thanks

Dave

Offline neilfurness Trader (Legend Advertiser)

Re: Age related number plate
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010 - 06:54 »
Hi yes once you have got an mot on it,you can go to your local dvla office and they will issue you with an aga related plate,i take it this is the 86" s/w thats been for sale on ebay,Neil
Furness Land Rovers - Vehicle Sales
Tel:01562 883521

Offline rodthrutheblock Trade (Legend Advertiser)

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010 - 07:40 »
Some people consider the 1960s registration of these military vehicles a valid part of their history and prefer to keep them. I have had a few over the years, from A-reg to E-reg on Series Ones and liked them because they immediately identify them as ex-military.

Offline Neil-S1

• 1956 Series 1 88"

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010 - 08:48 »
Hi Dave,

Re the hood questions see:
http://www.lrsoc.com/forum/index.php?topic=4660.msg33062#msg33062

I understand that All Wheel Trim also provide a 5% discount for LRSOC members:
http://www.allwheeltrim.co.uk/LR-hoods.html#Land%20Rover

Cheers
Neil

Offline v8bobber

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010 - 15:13 »
Hi all,

Thanks again for such quick replies.

Yes it is the one on ebay. I'm finding it quite hard to value to be honest. I'd set my heart on a useable 80" but I think I'm going to need to settle for what comes up and have something to use over the summer while the search continues. The owner is a nice guy and would like to keep the hard top which would suit me as I'd only want a soft top anyway.

I appreciate what has been said about keeping the reg to identify it as an ex military vehicle - not something that had crossed my mind before but certainly something to consider.

I have dropped the owner an email with an offer so I may well still be looking at getting the vehicle soon, we'll see. The search continues....

Thanks all,

Dave

landrover_members