Land Rover Series One Club
If you can see this message, you're not getting to see all the wonderful content on this website... why not REGISTER for our forum and get access to so much more?

Author Topic: Hampshire Auto Jumble / Car boot sales  (Read 988 times)

July 26, 2020 - 13:49
Read 988 times

Offline Henry.M

• LRSOC Member
Good afternoon with the closure of the Beaulieu international Auto Jumble 5th-6th Sep is anyone aware of any open auto jumbles and car boots in the South and SE later this year?

Clearly the Newbury 4x4 Spares day on the 4th of October is in the diary.

I suspect the answer is not at present but even names and dates to look out for would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Henry

Sent from my iPhone using LRSOC

July 26, 2020 - 22:47
Reply #1

Offline msm80

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
  • RAF1952 80"-1948 80"-1951 80" & Co-pilot Finlay
Hi Henry
Alas apart from Newbury I know of none. Beaulieu have also not included their Sort out entries to the forthcoming Simply Land Rover event on Aug 9th that I have booked to attend. Itíll be the first event at least albeit with later models and I suspect many Defenders.
At least it is something to go too.
Anyone else going to raise the S1 profile?
Malcolm
My Co-Pilot in the 80  :  )
Are we there yet!!

Area Rep Dorset

July 27, 2020 - 07:30
Reply #2

Offline Stephen

Yes, weíre booked in Malcolm

Stephen.
1 Thank you.
1956 88",  1940's Brockhouse

July 29, 2020 - 17:36
Reply #3

Offline mutley1954

• LRSOC Member
 As suggested its the first one for a while, and so bound to be popular. It might be worth booking in advance, to save a queue .
  Will be there with S1 and trailer and a load of treasure .
1955 S1 hardtop, A reg finished at last after 9 yrs,
  Also 110 defender Tdci, BMW Z3

July 29, 2020 - 18:44
Reply #4

Offline msm80

As suggested its the first one for a while, and so bound to be popular. It might be worth booking in advance, to save a queue .
  Will be there with S1 and trailer and a load of treasure .

Hi Mike
Yes hopefully a good first meet though Iíd be very very wary about selling anything. Iíd ask members who do go please refrain from selling stuff on the day. I can speak from experience 
Beaulieu staff are very disciplined and because the offer to combine a sortout is suspended this time. I have no doubt any trailers of jumble or even people spotted conducting business on the day will be politely and firmly shown the exit gate. Please donít risk it folks.
Iíve rolled over my sortout tickets to 2021 and with Perry Wood we may well be there too to attend as per last year.

Cheers
Malcolm
Are we there yet!!

Area Rep Dorset

July 29, 2020 - 19:05
Reply #5

Offline gcc130

• LRSOC Member
I think Mutley was referring to Newbury, not Beaulieu
1 Thank you.
Area Rep Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Bristol

July 30, 2020 - 18:27
Reply #6

Offline mutley1954

• LRSOC Member
Sorry Malcolm, meant Newbury , on 4th October.  Unless we all get locked down again ?? Its very local to me, and the shed is filling up with
junk/treasure.  In fact theres a S1 Landrover at the back somewhere .. Been very busy at work , but NO festivals this year, and a week off
 early September means no excuse , dig the thing out, and use it .. Not enough time etc .. At least run down to Newbury in it.

2 Thanks.
1955 S1 hardtop, A reg finished at last after 9 yrs,
  Also 110 defender Tdci, BMW Z3

July 30, 2020 - 20:57
Reply #7

Offline msm80

Oh yes thanks Mike for the reminder. Hopefully this will go ahead. Took grandson to Beaulieu today (alas he cannot come with me on the simply weekend. They are very much running a shadow day there with the museum, one or two special displays, gardens and Abbey etc limited numbers pre-booking only only as are the simply weekends. Apparently the simply area is in one of the main fields and vehicles will be parked at discreet distances but after that the place will be open to entrants on the same measured and controlled basis as today. They had one solitary Willy's Jeep doing the rounds this afternoon.
Cheers
Malcolm
Are we there yet!!

Area Rep Dorset

July 31, 2020 - 07:13
Reply #8

Offline Toddie

• LRSOC Member
  • 1951, 1953 & 1975 LRís - couldnít be happier!
Simply LR is on next weekend in Beauleau - there is normally some sales tables out. Only 500 people allowed & the wifeís grabs tickets, so anyone going? 

1975 S3
1953 S1
1951 S1

July 31, 2020 - 07:22
Reply #9

Offline gcc130

• LRSOC Member
Read the thread...... at least two others going
Area Rep Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Bristol

July 31, 2020 - 08:24
Reply #10

Offline msm80

Simply LR is on next weekend in Beauleau - there is normally some sales tables out. Only 500 people allowed & the wifeís grabs tickets, so anyone going? 

Hi Paul

That's great news. So looking forward to seeing PMA again if you are taking her of course. I'll be there with my 52 80" alas the 51 not quite ready yet. Forgot where you live I can PM message you prior if you like. So if you or anyone else want to meet up before arriving that would be great so we can be close as possible in the field. I spoke to one of the staff yesterday as they intend to place entrants and guide them to marked/designated slots in the field allowing for Covid etc. It could be possible to meet up in the general car park say 30mins before we are allowed in then if we go in convoy we'll be as together as possible. Anyone else up for this?

Cheers
Malcolm
Are we there yet!!

Area Rep Dorset

August 01, 2020 - 16:38
Reply #11

Offline Toddie

• LRSOC Member
Alas PMA isnít yet on the road as I planned, (next year more likely) but Iíll be in the younger S3. Be great to meet all the same

1975 S3
1953 S1
1951 S1

August 02, 2020 - 05:06
Reply #12

Offline 1964_cooper

• LRSOC Member
Hi Henry
Alas apart from Newbury I know of none. Beaulieu have also not included their Sort out entries to the forthcoming Simply Land Rover event on Aug 9th that I have booked to attend. Itíll be the first event at least albeit with later models and I suspect many Defenders.
At least it is something to go too.
Anyone else going to raise the S1 profile?
Malcolm
Hi Malcolm, providing my wife doesnít give birth before then (due on 10th), Dad and I will be there with the 80Ē & 86Ē.
Sam

2 Thanks.

August 02, 2020 - 08:10
Reply #13

Offline msm80

Hi Sam
Great news on two counts then. Thanks.
Tip: makes sure your wife is kept comfortable and whatever you do not take her in a landie trip the day before ;D
RAF truck fuelled up ready to go. Doubt the 51 can be finished MoTíd and insured in time but hope to get that one finished by mid Aug ready for any shows that appear aka Organford 10/11th Oct.
See you there
Malcolm
Are we there yet!!

Area Rep Dorset

August 06, 2020 - 15:09
Reply #14

Offline msm80

Hi folks

Well the weather is looking good. My e-mail instructions state:

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Simply Land Rover this Sunday at Beaulieu.

Entry with your Land Rover is from 9.30am until 2pm Ė an outdoor catering area will be open for bacon rolls, cakes, teas and coffee.

Please do not arrive early. With participant entry capped at 750 with approximately 350 vehicles, the queueing times for entry will be significantly reduced removing the need to arrive earlier. The National Motor Museum will not open until 10am and Palace House at 11am. Capacity in both is being managed, but they will be open all day for you to visit.

Please print your e-ticket as this will make entry quicker and easier for all participants as well as reducing the contact between yourselves and staff.

A LIMITED number of participant tickets are still available to purchase here. Please do not bring any extra passengers on the day as they will not be given entry. If you have extra passengers that wish to attend on the day, they will be required to come through our Visitor reception on arrival, if space permits.

Again no club stands or rummage this year and also no peoples favourite etc.

I am aiming to get there for about 10.00 am if anyone wants to meet up in one the car parks off the main vehicle entrance in. Seems little point in getting early as they have advised so I look forward to seeing anyone who is coming for the day.

Cheers
Malcolm
Are we there yet!!

Area Rep Dorset

August 07, 2020 - 20:32
Reply #15

Offline msm80

Hi folksWell the weather is looking good. My e-mail instructions state:
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Simply Land Rover this Sunday at Beaulieu.

Entry with your Land Rover is from 9.30am until 2pm Ė an outdoor catering area will be open for bacon rolls, cakes, teas and coffee.

Please do not arrive early. With participant entry capped at 750 with approximately 350 vehicles, the queueing times for entry will be significantly reduced removing the need to arrive earlier. The National Motor Museum will not open until 10am and Palace House at 11am. Capacity in both is being managed, but they will be open all day for you to visit.

Please print your e-ticket as this will make entry quicker and easier for all participants as well as reducing the contact between yourselves and staff.

A LIMITED number of participant tickets are still available to purchase here. Please do not bring any extra passengers on the day as they will not be given entry. If you have extra passengers that wish to attend on the day, they will be required to come through our Visitor reception on arrival, if space permits.

Again no club stands or rummage this year and also no peoples favourite etc.

I am aiming to get there for about 10.00 am if anyone wants to meet up in one the car parks off the main vehicle entrance in. Seems little point in getting early as they have advised so I look forward to seeing anyone who is coming for the day.

Cheers
Malcolm

Well I somehow knew it might happen!
The very day Iím off to Beaulieu this weekend Iím summoned on Sunday morning for a pre-op hosp appointment and covid screening!!!!
So I will be there but later than planned so itíll be impossible to meet anyone before we go in! So I guess weíll drift in as and when and I look forward to seeing a few us there. Enjoy and see you Sunday folks if you are coming.
Malcolm
1 Thank you.
Are we there yet!!

Area Rep Dorset

August 09, 2020 - 08:32
Reply #16

Offline Toddie

• LRSOC Member
Itís a lovey day in the New Forest today for Simply Land Rover, but very sunny & already getting hot at 28C in the shade (8am) - so if yesterdayís 36C &70% humidity is anything to go by youíll want to me prepared.

Also be advised that the travellers are down in & around Ashurst, so high likelihood of illegal pony & trap races all over the places as happens every year. Alas a few drunken eejits cause problems for an otherwise welcomed group.

1975 S3
1953 S1
1951 S1