Land Rover Series One Club
If you can see this message, you're not getting to see all the wonderful content on this website... why not REGISTER for our forum and get access to so much more?

Author Topic: hello from down under  (Read 607 times)

February 10, 2020 - 08:00
Read 607 times

Offline TomB

• Non-Member
Hi from New Zealand!

My dad is currently restoring a LHD Land Rover series 1 80 inch from 1952.
He gave it to me for my 30th birthday which is a while ago. Since then I moved to NZ.
The car is 80% finished and will have a capstan winch fitted.
The Vehicle was 1 of the I believe 150 patrol vehicles for Rijkswacht = National police of Belgium.
It was well maintained and al matching numbers vehicle although it looked like it sat for many years in storage at the depot of the Belgian army.
My used to be a volunteer restoring the rich collection of tanks at the depot in Kapellen.
Hopefully somewhere next year I be able to drive it. I had a couple of 90 Defenders and a RRC I am familiar with the brand.
I hope to gain Knowledge and find missing parts to complete the job.

Greetings from NZ

February 10, 2020 - 10:13
Reply #1

Offline TomC

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Welcome.  There are quite a few Rijkswacht vehicle owners on here. If you haven't already put Rijkswacht into the Forum Search you will find a lot of information there.

February 10, 2020 - 22:33
Reply #2

Offline TomB

• Non-Member
thank you for this tip!

February 11, 2020 - 08:17
Reply #3

Offline Leon

• LRSOC Member
Hello TomB,
      welcome to the forum. Where abouts in NZ are you? There are many members throughout NZ., but none with a Rijkswacht.
Although there was a Minerva at the L-R 70th at Methven.
112602729 Fire Tender
112801455 Topless
112801540 Hard Top
1963 2a Forward Control
1992 D90 Tdi
1993 R-R Tdi
1993 Discovery Tdi

February 11, 2020 - 18:12
Reply #4

Offline TomB

• Non-Member
Hi Leon,

I am located in Auckland the vehicle is 80 % ready and will be shipped early next year if everything works out.
It is a LHD but I am confident I can have it registered in NZ and enjoy driving it here. Hopefully we get to meet on the road one day !