Land Rover Series One Club
If you can see this message, you're not getting to see all the wonderful content on this website... why not REGISTER for our forum and get access to so much more?

Author Topic: The Danish Branch - 1952 SI 80" 1,6 petrol soft top  (Read 589 times)

January 14, 2020 - 13:23
Read 589 times

Offline seriebil.dk

• Non-Member
Hi

Just brought this beauty home  :hoorah: :LRlogo: :anbet1:

which i swapped for my 1972 SIII 88" which i have owned since 2001 - my first car,  hard to see it leave.
But with the S4 109" STW, the 88" was never used anymore so a new sunday drive was due... :cool:

It is a Late 1951 model, first on the road in 1952
SI 80" 1,6 petrol soft top
Never restored, just kept running - which is also my plan, like the rough and used look, so i still can run it through af narrow greenlane.
it is right now fitted with a Volvo B20 engine, as the 1,6 was worn out. i got the 1,6 engine in a pallet so will see if rebuild is possible in the future.

:tiphat: :steering:

1 Thank you.

January 15, 2020 - 06:56
Reply #1

Offline Eddy Camerlinck

• Non-Member
Lights trough the grille and one piece wings???Must be a very late one or an earley 2litre??Regards Eddy
1954 Minerva Ex Rijkswacht.
1952 Series 1 LHD
2005 Freelander 1

January 16, 2020 - 07:11
Reply #2

Offline seriebil.dk

• Non-Member
Lights trough the grille and one piece wings???Must be a very late one or an earley 2litre??Regards Eddy

And missing the lights on the bulkhead, so a bit of a mix up, in my head typically Land Rover, my 88" was a 1972 SIII, with all sorts of SII parts and details. i recon they used up the parts first..
I have some work a head of me, mostly service work, as it is drippng oil from all seals ;D

January 16, 2020 - 08:19
Reply #3

Offline B.S.F.

• Non-Member

Not so hasty, check and study the parts catalogue.
.W,
1 Thank you.

January 16, 2020 - 11:38
Reply #4

Offline Houben

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Hi

Not a mix-up, the very late 161 were this spec: Headlamps through the grille, 1-piece wings with sidelights in the wings, just check your partsbook!

2 Thanks.