Land Rover Series One Club
If you can see this message, you're not getting to see all the wonderful content on this website... why not REGISTER for our forum and get access to so much more?

Author Topic: Hello Newbie here  (Read 235 times)

August 16, 2019 - 12:47
Read 235 times

Offline Smelly4611

• Non-Member
Hi there everyone, I'm new to this forum & I have joined because I recently purchased a Series 1 long term project (she's in a bad way) but she's a surprise Christmas present for my partner and needs to spend the next few months hiding in my garage!! I no a few basics about landrovers but im going to need some help/advice  :undecided:

I'm hoping to learn from this experience, I need to apply for a logbook, she been parked in a hedge for the last 30yrs, I'm thinking a Heritage Certificate too. I can see a lot of work & a lot of pennies needed over the next few yrs but I can't wait to make a start & help him.  :D
1 Thank you.

August 16, 2019 - 13:22
Reply #1

Offline Fen Boy Paid AdvertiserModerator

• LRSOC Member
  • If it ain't broke... Fiddle with it until it IS !
Hi & welcome to the forum and all things series !  You are in the right place for help & advice.

Keep us posted !  FB.
Check Twice & Cut Once.......

August 16, 2019 - 13:32
Reply #2

Offline Smelly4611

• Non-Member
Yes I would love to keep you updated on Facebook, I do feel it's going to take some time this project 😂 I would be so grateful if anyone could tell me a bit more about her? I believe 88" 1958, kind of hoping I can find a lot more info as my partner loves history so the more I can find out the better tbh 🤔

August 16, 2019 - 14:17
Reply #3

Offline albion1938

• LRSOC Member
Afraid it's not going to be quite so easy as just applying for a logbook. That registration number doesn't appear to be on the DVLA database so getting it registered is going to be quite a journey. Armed with a large coffee, (other beverages are available) search the forum for the many posts on the subject.
Bernard

August 16, 2019 - 14:30
Reply #4

Offline gcc130

• LRSOC Member
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your first port of call is to contact the clubs registration officer Mick Burn(milkman on here).
Donít dismantle anything until you have spoken to Mick and he will advise you how to proceed.
Unfortunately DVLA do not recognise Heritage Certificates now.

Andrew
Area Rep Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Bristol

August 16, 2019 - 14:58
Reply #5

Offline Smelly4611

• Non-Member
Many thanks for the info guys 😊Is there any links to discussions re: registration issues etc?

August 16, 2019 - 16:13
Reply #6

Offline White Fox Moderator

• LRSOC Member
  • GTS looking good on the front cover of Legend 155
 :welcome: to the forum.
Regarding claiming your registration number, as has been mentioned earlier, when you join the club you can enlist the services of our registrations officer Mick Burn. Over the years he has helped so many members with their registration applications.

Regarding discussions about registrations,  :search:   with the search word; "registration" you will find over 1,500 topics on the subject. It has been discussed many times.

Also, there are seven great articles that should help you in the:  Club Resources > Articles > UK Vehicle Registrations
You will find "Club Resources" at the top of the page.

Good luck and keep us informed of how you get on.

WF

Retired WESSEX Area Club Rep
Other interests - Hand painted number plates for 80" & 86/88" also other small signs

August 16, 2019 - 16:51
Reply #7

Offline Smelly4611

• Non-Member
Thank you very much  ;D I shall join as soon as I've got this weekend over, I work in Care & this weekend is a very long shift as my work mate has taken ill & left me with a huge shift day & night until Monday  :undecided: 

Totally off the subject, but during the "Beast from the East" I had the use of my parents Defender as we live in a very rural area & managed to shear a half shaft trying to get to my elderly clients who just had to have help (coal fire heated houses etc) I love my job but sometimes it takes over your life. Hoping to have my Series 3 on the road for this winter  :huh:  Many thanks Sarah
1 Thank you.

August 17, 2019 - 08:54
Reply #8

Offline Stephen

• LRSOC Member
Hello and welcome! Nice project  :cool:

Stephen.
1956 88",  1940's Brockhouse

August 17, 2019 - 09:51
Reply #9

Offline VRO Moderator

• LRSOC Member
  • You can never have too many Land Rovers
Welcome to the forum and all things Series 1.  Good luck with you project, lots of great info available through this forum and if you can't find using the search then just ask. 
Andy

Area Representative, Scotland Caithness and Sutherland