Land Rover Series One Club
If you can see this message, you're not getting to see all the wonderful content on this website... why not REGISTER for our forum and get access to so much more?

Author Topic: Scam warning  (Read 1655 times)

May 18, 2019 - 08:09
Reply #20

Offline msm80

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
  • RAF 1952 80" - 1948 80" - 1951 80" - Freelander2
No idea how this has occurred as I donít have Dale in my contacts but, yes, if you get one which looks odd, just dump it.

Cheers,

Chris

Maybe Willerby will know.
I don't even keep an address book to avoid spreading these 'bug's.
The really horrid ones are from friends who have passed away :( .
M
My Co-Pilot in the 80  :  )
Are we there yet!!

Area Rep Dorset

May 18, 2019 - 21:18
Reply #21

Offline Willerby

• Administrator
  • Forum Admin
    • LRSOC
Unfortunately Dale deleted the email so hard to tell exactly. As Daleís email address is not on this site or on any contact pages it canít have been harvested here despite the link to Chris.

If anyone else receives this type of odd email please let me know. I like to understand where any scamming exploits are and shut them down wherever possible.

Sent from my iPhone using LRSOC

May 18, 2019 - 22:08
Reply #22

Offline DEG61 Paid Advertiser - Trade

• LRSOC Member
  • Essex escapee
    • Fuggle's Fettling
Iíve come across this a few times before and, with very little knowledge to back it up, I have assumed thatís it an issue on your own computer, using your address list to creat the mails. Itís not a problem with the apparent sendersí system. Mind you, I canít see the point of them as thereís no obvious way to profit from it.

Sent from my iPad using LRSOC
Fuggle's Fettling - Gearbox and Carburetter Restorations - www.fugglesfettling.com