Land Rover Series One Club
If you can see this message, you're not getting to see all the wonderful content on this website... why not REGISTER for our forum and get access to so much more?

Author Topic: Wedding car request?  (Read 366 times)

April 10, 2019 - 09:39
Read 366 times

Offline Chriswilderspin

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
  • LRSOC Club Secretary
Hi All,

I have been contacted by Mike Barron who is trying to get one or more series ones for his wedding in Windsor Great Park on October 19th this year.

I have copied his request below.

If anyone can help can they contact him directly at

mike@caperadd.com

Thanks,

Chris.

Dear LRSOC,

Firstly, let me say what an unbelievable achievement you have after reading your story and where it all began! What great passion and enthusiasm you must have. I myself am a Land Rover 90 TDi owner.
However, the old ones are the best, and the series ones are works of art. It is for this reason I contact you. I am marrying the girl of my dreams this October in Windsor great park. If you have never visited the park, it is a place of great beauty. My Wife to be has given me only three tasks to complete for the special day, which is very trusting of her and a test of my abilities at that... One being to get a suit, the second being sort the music, and the third.. a wedding car that reflects our personalities.

I was given your contact by Patrick Cruywagon, who I'm sure you know of well. I was wondering if any of your members would be interested in driving their car for us on our special day. Is this something that can be organized, or happens regularly? We could even organize a group drive through the Great Park? If your members are interested in day trips and show casing their cars.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts and if this is of interest to anyone in your society.

Kindest Regards,

Mike

--
Mike Barron (Cand.Sci.Nat.)
Course Director
Cape Research and Diver Development
www.caperadd.com
+27623317530

LRSOC Club Secretary

April 17, 2019 - 16:43
Reply #1

Offline Chriswilderspin

• LRSOC Club Secretary
Apologies for bumping this.

Mike hasnít yet had anyone offer so I said I would try one more time. (See post above)

If you can help please get in touch with Mike.

I would imagine beer tokens might be offered for a suitable vehicle but you would need to discuss this with Mike.

Many thanks,

Chris.
LRSOC Club Secretary

April 17, 2019 - 19:40
Reply #2

Offline ian

Iíve sent him a message Chris,
Depending on the logistics of the day, I may be able to help him out?