Land Rover Series One Club
If you can see this message, you're not getting to see all the wonderful content on this website... why not REGISTER for our forum and get access to so much more?

Author Topic: My Series 1  (Read 493 times)

March 15, 2019 - 04:35
Read 493 times

Offline Jonny72

• LRSOC Member
Hello,
I’m a new member from Brussels / Rutland, and the new owner of this rather splendid 1957 109” trayback, recently imported from Australia. An interesting addition to my small, but growing ‘fleet’ of Series Land Rovers.  Already earning its keep as a light-duty runnabout in Rutland.  John
2 Thanks.
S1 - 1957 109” trayback
SIIA - 1962 88” full-tilt
SIIA - 1968 109” pickup
SIII - 1972 Carawagon ‘Continental’

March 15, 2019 - 05:24
Reply #1

Offline Sir-Bastian

• LRSOC Member
  • 1958 109 2L Diesel CKD
Wellcome, that looks great!!!

Sebastian

March 15, 2019 - 07:05
Reply #2

Offline Mark Edmunds

• LRSOC Member
  • The last lap...reassembly of the Spreadbore...
John

Welcome and enjoy!

I believe that you organised last year's Series II Club's Annual meet in Rutland, so your Trayback will be following in the footsteps of younger cousins!

Mark

March 15, 2019 - 07:17
Reply #3

Offline peterholden

• Non-Member
John did indeed organise last year's S2 rally and excellent it was too.
He has owned land rovers for many years, indeed he has a S2 that he has owned for many many years, since his 21st birthday..
The tray back looks brilliant and is not dissimilar to Paul Lund's Wombat.
Peter

March 15, 2019 - 07:29
Reply #4

Offline Stephen

• LRSOC Member
Welcome John!

Stephen.
1956 88",  1940's Brockhouse

March 16, 2019 - 03:01
Reply #5

Offline Rambler

• LRSOC Member
A beautiful land rover it is - thanks for sharing a photo and welcome John, from another Series 2 owner ;-)
1957 Series I 88” (project restoration)
1961 Series II 88”

March 16, 2019 - 07:17
Reply #6

Offline Bedfordobkate11

• LRSOC Member
There are a lot of vehicles that when fitted with a tray back just make me think , that would be a lot nicer with its original load bed. I can think of Morris minor pickups ,never look successful . Short wheel base land rovers ,not quite ,Toyota hilux ,never as nice as original. But for some reason these tray back convertios on long wheel base series ones actually Work for some reason they just look "right". I'm a big fan

March 16, 2019 - 13:11
Reply #7

Offline Jpc

• Non-Member

.........they just look "right". I'm a big fan

Me too, I think it's because the 107/109 already has that dedicated lower cab panel in the design making the cab a seperate entity visually regardless of what's behind it.

March 17, 2019 - 07:19
Reply #8

Offline Jonny72

• LRSOC Member
John

Welcome and enjoy!

I believe that you organised last year's Series II Club's Annual meet in Rutland, so your Trayback will be following in the footsteps of younger cousins!

Mark

Thanks all for the warm welcome.  I was indeed part of the team organising the Series 2 Club Rally in Rutland last year - thanks also to you Mark for donating some prizes for the Raffle, which helped raise £950 for the East Midland Air Ambulance.

Hoping to join in local meet-ups / green-lane events over the Spring / Summer,

John
S1 - 1957 109” trayback
SIIA - 1962 88” full-tilt
SIIA - 1968 109” pickup
SIII - 1972 Carawagon ‘Continental’