Land Rover Series One Club
If you can see this message, you're not getting to see all the wonderful content on this website... why not REGISTER for our forum and get access to so much more?

Author Topic: Reliable & Experienced (LRS1) Mechanic recommendations Exeter area  (Read 896 times)

February 25, 2013 - 21:19
Read 896 times

Offline dhawes

• Non-Member
Hi

I'm getting realistic.

My Series 1 has not run now for 4 years and I'm missing driving it. Despite longing to find the time to get it back on the road myself I have decided to look for a garage or a mechanic who could get me out of this rutt.

I'm hoping the Land Rover can replace my small 2nd car as a reliable local run around so I'd like to find someone who can get it running really nicely as a daily run around.

Does anyone here in the Exeter Area (I'm in Exmouth) have any recommendations please?

Thanks
David

February 26, 2013 - 07:45
Reply #1

Offline ROM

• Non-Member
  • Age is of Land Rover
    • Appledore Park
David,
Not strictly in the Exeter area, but not too far away. I highly recommend this man http://www.jamestennantlandrover.co.uk/ James has a first class, independant, Land Rover service workshop. 

March 05, 2013 - 16:09
Reply #2

Offline Angus Redman

• Non-Member
    • land rover cards
Hi,

I have always take my Land Rover to a gentleman Named  'Andrew Camaron' he is an expert on all things Land rover and especially Series One land rover and is one of the founding members of this Club.

He is in the Minehead Area, ( I know thats 45 miles from Exeter) but he really is very very good His number is : 07890 117245

With out Him I would have given up on my land.

January 20, 2019 - 21:47
Reply #3

Offline PeteWood575

• LR Register Member
Hi,

I have always take my Land Rover to a gentleman Named  'Andrew Camaron' he is an expert on all things Land rover and especially Series One land rover and is one of the founding members of this Club.

He is in the Minehead Area, ( I know thats 45 miles from Exeter) but he really is very very good His number is : 07890 117245

With out Him I would have given up on my land.

I recently bought a 1949 Land Rover and tonight, while studying the gigantic history file I got with the vehicle, found Andrew Cameron had once owned it (back in 1982). I rang Andrew up, using the same mobile number he has had for more than 35 years, and he answered. He had me giggling, within minutes, as he related some great stories about his Land Rover experiences. Andrew, in case you didn't know it, was one of the founder members of the LRSOC - in fact he is member Number 1. He is still fettling/restoring Land Rovers, though his every day vehicle is his daughter's pink SII. So, if you are in the West Country do, please, look him up.