Land Rover Series One Club
If you can see this message, you're not getting to see all the wonderful content on this website... why not REGISTER for our forum and get access to so much more?

Author Topic: Ashtree  (Read 7600 times)

June 02, 2015 - 10:57
Read 7600 times

Offline Donald968CVK

• LRSOC Member
Has anyone any info on the current position at Ashtree Land Rovers? I have been trying to contact them about a job they are doing but no reply to emails and no call back to messages.

Donald Muirhead

June 02, 2015 - 11:44
Reply #1

Offline William

• LRSOC Member

I heard they had closed up? give Andover land rover a call he may be able to give you a heads up.

June 02, 2015 - 13:42
Reply #2

Offline TomC

• LRSOC & LR Register Member
Has anyone any info on the current position at Ashtree Land Rovers? I have been trying to contact them about a job they are doing but no reply to emails and no call back to messages.

Whether they are still in business or not I don't know, but non-response seems to be the normal way of doing business for them. I hope you haven't given them anything too important.  I gave up in the end.

June 02, 2015 - 14:27
Reply #3

Offline Geoff and Vanessa

• LRSOC Member

It seems a shame as they had a great product with much potential.

June 02, 2015 - 14:34
Reply #4

Offline William

• LRSOC Member

Ok I have been informed that they moved from Andover to Southampton but now require a new place and there does not seem to be a contact number for them.

sorry its not much but hope it helps.

June 02, 2015 - 14:48
Reply #5

Offline Rob Tuck

• 80" 16101402
Their website lists "new" contact numbers and suggests email as the first point of contact, but I don't know how old the information is. The facebook page doesn't seem to have much very recent activity - perhaps one of our Southampton based members has better local knowledge of the situation ??

Rob.
Still learning...........

June 02, 2015 - 14:49
Reply #6

Online Bruce

• LRSOC Member
From their Facebook page, dated 19th May 2015:-
Our delays were caused by a very serious motor vehicle accident at our home that we are still attempting to get to the bottom of with the insurance company. We are currently camping in what's left of our house and have been since July th last year. We are sorry you have not yet received the bulkhead you ordered and paid for. We are still trying to catch up to be honest. Those bulkheads that went to Europe in early January were late going as it was. Also that trip is paid by those receiving the bulkheads being delivered and no one else. We are still behind and have just taken on an extra member of staff. We have both been very ill with shingles in January and March respectively and it has taken its toll. But we are still going and suppilying as fast as we can to try to catch up. We are not a scam just the victim of a very unfortunate set of circumstances that have occurred one after the other. If you would be kind enough to email us at ashtreelandrover@gmail.com we will get your order in hand. Lyn and Jill.

June 02, 2015 - 19:19
Reply #7

Offline Monkeypin

• LRSOC Member
They don't seem to have much luck, when I had problems with an overdrive from them, amongst other excuses, they had had 2 recent deaths. Make of that what you will but I wouldn't use them again. my experience wasn't helped by the fact they charged me 35 postage and when I returned it by courier the cost was actually 5.
Is sarcasm a very deep sar??

June 03, 2015 - 07:07
Reply #8

Offline djfal

• Non-Member

He was well enough to be the winning bidder on a mint bulkhead I sold on eBay recently, then make absolutely no contact whatsoever.

Majority of work I've seen by them is DIY quality at best.

June 03, 2015 - 07:32
Reply #9

Offline jockster

• LRSOC Member
my experience of them is that they are a blooming awfull company to deal with their workmanship is shoddy at best and i will not can not reccomend them that is from personal experience and i am still rectifying their work on my s2 which went in running for them to supply/fit a new bulkhed and 2years later was towed back minus electrics lower bulkhead bolts sheared and bashed into place and various other issues
old age and treachery will always outwit youth and skill

June 03, 2015 - 09:58
Reply #10

Online tankman Trade (Legend Advertiser)

I saw their work four years ago at a show, I am surprized they have lasted this long.

June 03, 2015 - 13:44
Reply #11

Offline jason77

I bet when they were at school the dog ate their homework to ... :tic:

June 03, 2015 - 16:12
Reply #12

Offline Donald968CVK

• LRSOC Member
Thanks everyone. I am lucky in that they do not have anything of mine they were just preparing a front panel for me. I shall look elsewhere.

June 04, 2015 - 10:39
Reply #13

Offline MattPurdon

• LRSOC Member
Having dealt with them at length over the past few years, I can safely say there are far better suppliers out there.
Bernard, 1952 80" 16v

June 04, 2015 - 14:02
Reply #14

Offline Honolulujoe

• Non-Member
I bet when they were at school the dog ate their homework to ... :tic:

pmsl, classic :D

June 18, 2015 - 20:40
Reply #15

Offline KiwiPaul

• Non-Member
Hi guy's

I think I have been ripped off by them, I paid for a bulkhead some 8 months ago, it has never arrived, only have received promises.  Am trying to contact others in a similar boat.  Being In New Zealand I can't just go and see them.  I have founds one other customer like me in Southern Ireland - are there any others out there ?

Paul

June 18, 2015 - 21:32
Reply #16

Offline Honolulujoe

• Non-Member
if you paid by card you may be able to get the card company to bounce the transaction and get your money back

June 18, 2015 - 22:17
Reply #17

Offline fulltilt

• Non-Member
  • 92 KA 58
Ashtree  -  which Ashtree   ,   sole trader or Ltd Co.   :huh:   or my back garden    ;D

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08846387/ASHTREE-RESTORATION-INTERNATIONAL-LIMITED

http://companycheck.co.uk/nonLimitedCompany/4535167/ASHTREE-LANDROVER-INTERNATIONAL

Always establish , just who you are dealing / dealt with   ,  don't go chasing your  goods or at the wrong place  ,,

June 18, 2015 - 23:24
Reply #18

Offline Rob Tuck

• 80" 16101402
Ashtree  -  which Ashtree   ,   sole trader or Ltd Co.   :huh:   or my back garden    ;D

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08846387/ASHTREE-RESTORATION-INTERNATIONAL-LIMITED

http://companycheck.co.uk/nonLimitedCompany/4535167/ASHTREE-LANDROVER-INTERNATIONAL

Always establish , just who you are dealing / dealt with   ,  don't go chasing your  goods or at the wrong place  ,,

Interesting to note that both businesses list L (Lyndon) Swann on the board but neither show the address where they trade from now although the website listed on one is familiar......
Still learning...........

June 18, 2015 - 23:36
Reply #19

Offline KiwiPaul

• Non-Member
Fair comment, the company I have had the problem with is Ashtree Landrover International. And yes it is Lyn and Jill Swan that send the e-mails.  They have a professional looking web site and a face book page. 

The web site is http://www.ashtreelandrover.com/  and I would seriously suggest people don't use it.

When I found their facebook page I realised what they wrote in their e-mails didn't link up with facts on the facebook page.  For example they were supposedly delivering bulkheads in Europe in January but in an e-mail to me on 2nd of Feb they claimed to be recovering from a bad case of shingles !

Paul